Thursday, September 19, 2019

5 stars to NEAT by Kandi Steiner!



My life is over.⁣


I swore I would never work at the whiskey distillery with my last name on it, that I would never be a part of my father’s legacy. But when I graduated with my art degree and realized there were no jobs, the devil appeared, and I sold my soul, agreeing to work in the family business if he’d give me the art studio I’d always dreamed of.⁣
It can’t be that bad, I thought. ⁣
Until I realized my new boss was Logan Becker.⁣
The Becker brothers have a reputation for being trouble, and since I love trouble, it’s no surprise to me that I’m infatuated by that forbidden fruit the first day I walk into the distillery. That lean, whiskey-eyed, too-hot-for-his-own-good man hates me — and I can’t blame him. His family has been at war with mine for decades, and for good reason.⁣
The Beckers and the Scooters are the Montagues and Capulets of Stratford, Tennessee.⁣
But if he’s Romeo, and I’m Juliet? Well… we all know how that story ends — and for that reason, I tell myself to steer clear. ⁣
Because if my father finds out I’m falling for Logan Becker, my life actually will be over.⁣
And Logan’s will be, too.⁣




LIVE and FREE on KU




Christy's 5 star review:


   photo IMG_4695_zpsynflmiwk.png


Neat is the second Becker brother’s book, and as much as I enjoyed the first one, I loved this one so much more. And let me tell you why… Logan freaking Becker! Logan is the Becker brother to beat. And good luck to the other two left because it will be a hard feat. I loved this boy so much!

The Becker family and the Scooter family have been feuding for decades over the whiskey distillery in town that their families founded together. Only the Scotters’ took all the credit for it, leaving the Beckers high and dry. Logan Becker is one of the middle Becker brothers and doesn’t date seriously. No one in town can hold his attention long enough. Then Mallory Scooter comes back to town. Mallory has always fascinated him, but he can’t ever go there.
 
We were the son and daughter of a bitter rival sparked to life decades ago and still burning hot today. There was no option for me to entertain my infatuation with her…


But now, he’s stuck training her. Mallory is a bit of a rebel, especially when it comes to her family. She’s never wanted to be a part of them or the distillery but when her dad offers her an art studio that she’s desperate for in exchange for working at the distillery for a few years, she begrudgingly decides to take him up on it. She doesn’t expect to like it there, but then again, she never expected someone like Logan Becker to be training her.

You know that bad boy/good girl troupe? Take that and reverse it. I loved that twist! Logan was definitely the good guy and Mallory had that bad girl attitude. Towards the start Mallory acted immature and unprofessional, and I wasn’t sure if I would like her. There was one scene in particular where she came to work acting all kinds of crazy and I was like nooooo, but she did end up winning me over as I got to know her better. She had a huge heart and I completely understood why she was a rebellious type of person.

Then there was Logan. Logan is particular, organized, and for lack of a better word, a neat freak. He loves to read and learn in his spare time and always gives 100% to his job and his family. I found everything about him so endearing. I adored him. When they say opposites attract, well, these two prove that to be true. Even though both of them know it’s a bad idea, there is this pull between them, this chemistry they can’t deny. And they both get tired of fighting it. But where could things possibly go between them? Only time can tell…
   
“Mallory?” “Yes?” “Do you think there’s a universe that exists where you could be mine?”
“Let’s make one.”

Neat had so many things I love in a romance. Small town setting, enemies to lovers, Romeo/Juliet style forbidden love. It was sweet, fun, sexy, and emotional. And it had the perfect hero. Kandi’s writing always blows me away and this is one of my favorite books she’s written. I can’t recommend this book highly enough and I’m so looking forward to reading more of the Becker brother’s books!
   
We were inevitable, me and him. And maybe we knew it from the start.


   photo E57EEAD2-75C6-48DC-B171-ABFF20DAB20A_zpsms7epldw.png




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon