Wednesday, September 11, 2019

AUDIO REVIEW: Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words


Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words

Nothing good ever comes from drinking a box of wine alone. So when I decided to entertain my drunken self by setting up some hand-me-down podcasting equipment and reading the steamy parts from romance novels, I never thought anyone would actually listen. The fact that I admitted my huge crush on my sexy next door neighbor made the whole thing even more mortifying. But sometimes life surprises you, and that’s how my podcast, Heidi’s Discount Erotica, was born.
Now I, Heidi Larsen, a sweet former kindergarten teacher in Waconia, Minnesota, lead a scandalous double life reading erotic novels to the listening world. And with each episode, I find myself embracing my new alter ego more and more. Now I’m starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin and do things I never would have dreamed of - like kissing my neighbor.
Look out, Waconia, because Heidi’s on the loose! She’s in your ears, in your hearts, and down your pants...wait, that didn’t sound as good as it did in my head. Well, you get the picture, don’tcha know!



Christy's Review: 

   photo BADDEE74-1347-4140-A000-5BE8F8498DCA_zpsyxkqeunt.png


Tara Sivec's humor and Andi Arndt's narration... you know when I heard these two were co-writing a book and Andi was narrating I had to check it out right away. I'm so glad I did. It was sweet, cute, sexy, and down right hilarious!

Heidi Larsen is a former kindergarten teacher and her town's sweetheart. After getting laid off from her job, she finds something new. An administrative assistant job in a studio. Sounds great, right? This is a studio that produces audiobooks. Audiobooks that are mostly erotica and/or romance. It's something that Heidi becomes uncomfortable with almost immediately. After her first day, she takes home some spare equipment and after a box of wine, records her first ever podcast. It is a hoot.

Heidi talks about her life, her inexperience, and most importantly, her crush on her next door neighbor, Brent. While working at this studio, she makes friends with some of her co-workers and starts to come out of her shell. She uses the podcast to help as well. 'Heidi's Discount Erotica' features Heidi narrating some books- some of the steamier scenes to get her more comfortable.

This book was a bit over the top, but I was okay with that. It was so much fun to listen to. I laughed out loud so many times and I cheered for Heidi as she started to come out of her shell. I loved watching her with Brent, seeing her take charge and be more comfortable in her own skin. Also, every scene with her parents was just hilarious. This was one of the funniest things I've read in some time. Andi Arndt does an amazing job narrating, as always, and I was impressed with her writing skills as well. She and Tara Sivec collaborated on this seamlessly.

If you're looking for a book that will make you smile, laugh out loud, and is a bit ridiculous in the best way possible, pick up Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words. It was highly entertaining and a blast to listen to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon