Saturday, September 7, 2019

Audio Reviews: Drive Me Wild & Take Me Down by Julie Kriss


DRIVE ME WILD


Emily was a cop's daughter, and I was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. At eighteen, our affair was wild and completely secret. Until she left town for college and a better life, and I hit the road to nowhere.

Eight years later, we're both back in town. My father is in prison; she's selflessly helping her sister. We should be farther apart than we've ever been. But I've never been able to resist temptation, especially when that temptation is Emily.

I shouldn't go near her. But I do.

She shouldn't say yes. But she does.

Our chemistry is hotter than ever, but she’s hiding something from me. Just like I’m hiding something from her. It’s hard to tell whose secrets are more dangerous, until it all goes to hell.

I can save her - and she can save me. But we’ll have to break the rules.

We're from different worlds. We don't belong together.

But in the end, Emily and I are going to have to get dirty.



The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but the road to Westlake, Michigan is paved with shame.
Drive Me Wild is the first book I've read by Julie Kriss, and as soon as I finished it, I jumped straight into the second book. Though these are a series of stand-alones, once you read one, you'll want to binge the others. This was a fast-paced, quick to listen to audio. I finished it in one day and though it wasn't perfect, it was highly entertaining.

Luke Riggs is one of the notorious Rigg's brothers from the wrong side of the track in Westlake. In high school, he had a thing with Emily, daughter of the local sheriff. It was something they kept quiet, but it was good between them. It ended when Emily went to college. Instead of staying in Westlake, Luke traveled around and got out of town. Now, 8 years later, they both are brought back to Westlake for different reasons.


Luke's father is in prison and someone needs to come home to run the auto shop they have. Luke is the only one of his brother's who can so he's back in town. That same day, Emily is driving home to help her sister run her beauty salon after not getting hired on with her last internship. It's perfect timing. These two still have that same chemistry they always had. It's still a secret they're together though... There is some suspense and a lot of secrets within this book.


The audio book was fantastic. It was narrated by Joe Arden and Erin Mallon which are two of my favorite narrators. They voiced Emily and Luke perfectly, and I'm happy to see that they're also voicing Jace's book, which is next.


After listening to this, I'm more than ready to listen to Jace's audiobook. He's the Rigg's brother I'm most curious about. I also want to read about Ryan and Dex. Truly, all 4 of the brothers are intriguing in their own ways. I can't wait to get to more of the books in this series. 



TAKE ME DOWN

It was supposed to be simple: Let Jace Riggs walk into my counseling office, tell me how he’s adjusting to post-prison life, and let him walk out again. But the first thing I've learned is that nothing is simple with Jace. 

He’s tall, muscled, bearded and tatted. He’s smarter than anyone else in the room and ten times more guarded. He’s hiding things that would break any other man to pieces. He’s a loner, a bad boy, and an infamous Riggs brother from the wrong side of the tracks. 

He’s a hundred kinds of wrong for me. And even when I’m not his counsellor anymore, I still want to break down his defenses. 

Jace has never trusted anyone - until me. He says I’m the only woman he wants close to him. The only woman he’s wanted in his bed - ever. And when he looks at me with that look of white-hot fire, I believe everything he says. 

My own secrets could get Jace sent back to prison - or get him killed. And he doesn’t care. 

We had so little time. We might not have until morning. But with the fire ignited between Jace and me, forever wouldn’t be long enough…

Christy's Review: 

   photo 948D78D9-3268-4BBC-AB54-C52E443CC95C_zpsjywl4qjl.png


The second book in this series was just as good as the first! This is the kind of series I want to binge because it’s so fast paced, and I’m a little sad only the first two are out on audio. Hopefully the next two come out soon because I’d love to listen to them as well!



Take Me Down follows another one of the Riggs brothers, Jace. Jace is the only Riggs brother that did well in school and showed promise. I mean, he was still a Riggs, but he was all different. That all changed when he got locked up for stealing cars. Twenty months in prison will change a guy. But there is so much more to his story than you know.

Tara is a counselor and is assigned to Jace. These two butt heads from the start, but there is a crackling kind of chemistry between them. Jace knows he could never have a girl like Tara, and Tara can’t go there because Jace is her patient. After two sessions, Jace is no longer a client and technically that rule is a technicality. Once Tara finds out that more to the story, she has to talk to Jace and confront him about it.

I loved how Tara never treated Jace badly. Even when she thought he was this felon bad boy. Jace was the Riggs brother I was most excited to read about and his story didn't disappoint. It had some elements in it from the first book, and I’m guessing there will be more tied in in the next two. I hope they are also narrated by Joe Arden and Erin Mallon because they are the dream team and do such a great job.

If you’re looking for an addicting, quick and highly entertaining audio book I recommend picking this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon