Friday, February 28, 2020

AUDIO REVIEW: Catch Me When I Fall


Sometimes trying to catch a star will light your whole world on fire....

Emily’s entire existence is wrapped up in touring with her up-and-coming country rock band Carolina George and trying to build them into a music legend. Her passionate night with a gorgeous, tattooed bad boy was the result of too much time on the road, too much tequila and combustible physical chemistry. It was never supposed to follow her into the light of day, much less threaten everything she and the band have worked so hard to create.

Royce’s night with the lead singer of Carolina George was the worst mistake of his life. He needs the band to sign on to his record label or his family will pay the price. But will his irresistible attraction to Emily destroy his carefully laid plans?

Royce’s past is littered with mistakes and heartache - will his love for Emily be just one more tragedy?


Christy's Review: 


   photo B390F51D-C6BA-452D-A9AE-C3F6962D2595_zpsqtmqnxoa.png


This is the first AL Jackson book I’ve read in years, and I’m so glad I picked it up. It was just the kind of book I needed. The kind that tugged on my heartstrings and had just the right amount of angsty drama. I love a good rock-star romance, and I especially love when the heroine is the musician.

Emily is the lead singer of her country rock band and they’re about to get their big break. Her life has been in shambles lately and she’s trying to move past it, but it’s hard. When Royce enters her life, she’s not sure what to think about him. The attraction is there between them full force, but there’s something else. A connection she never saw coming.

I was really into Royce’s chapters and finding out more about his past. Both of their stories broke my heart in different ways. I love when two broken characters come together and that’s exactly what happened here. 

The audiobook was narrated by Jason Clarke and Virginia Rose and both did a phenomenal job. Jason is one of my favorite male narrators and he voiced Royce perfectly. There were no quality issues with the audiobook and I highly recommend listening to this one.

If you’re looking for a rock-star romance that’s angsty, emotional, and even a bit suspenseful, pick up Catch Me When I Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon