Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Code of Conduct by April White is LIVE!


There are three things you need to know about Shane P.I. 
1) P.I. is not her last name, it’s her job title, 
2) Her specialty is catching cheaters, and 
3) she’s a superhuman – kind of.
Gabriel is a security expert for Cipher Security, and a former UN Peacekeeper with a fierce protective streak that finds its focus on the beautiful P.I.
Their attraction is like an elephant in a room full of breakable things, and figuring out how to trust each other with their hearts, and maybe their lives, is the most fragile thing of all.




Christy's Review 
   photo FA01740E-8438-4AF0-962D-84467F4F2CC9_zpswfgtgrtg.png


Code of Conduct is my first book by April White, and it was a real win for me. Initially, I picked this up because I knew it was going to be in the world of Penny Reid's Cipher Security, and I love those characters. There was a lot of them in this book, so Reid fan's won't be disappointed. But Gabriel and Shane's story also stood out on it's own.

Shane is a PI and specializes in catching cheaters. While catching one, she crosses paths with a few guys from Cipher Security. Gabriel Eze is one of those guys. Shane finds herself in a bit of trouble with said cheater, and Cipher Security needs her help. While trying to figure everything out, she consults with them and starts to spend a lot more time with Gabriel...
“You could never be normal. Extraordinary is not normal. Stunning is not normal. Brilliant is. Not. Normal.”
There was such a great build up to the romance between these two. I love a good slow burn romance. I also love strong female leads, and Shane is one of the strongest heroines I've read about in a while. She has such a kick-ass, take no crap personality and I loved it. I also loved Gabriel. He's family oriented, sweet, and anyone who loves show-tunes like me is amazing in my book. It took a while for Shane to open up to Gabriel, but he was patient with her always. And when they were finally together, it was fire. I loved so much how Gabriel saw Shane and got her to see herself. It made my heart so happy.

I really did enjoy this book lots, the only reason it missed the five star mark for me is that it did start off a bit slow for me and took me a while to connect. I attribute that to the fact that it's a romantic suspense and that's not my favorite type of romance. Still, I'm so glad I picked this one up because I loved so much about it, plus I found a new author to read! April White's writing was fantastic and I can't wait to dive into more of her books in the future.

You don't need to read any of Penny Reid's books to read this one, but I can't recommend enough that you pick up 'Love Hacked'. It's one of my favorite Penny books and Sandra and Alex are my favorite couple of hers. They do play a somewhat prominent part in this story so if you've read and loved that book like me, you'll be plesently surprised. I found myself with a huge smile on my face every time they were on the page.

If you're looking for a character driven romantic suspense with a lot of tension and a great slow burn, pick this one up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon