Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Into the Nothing by BT Urruela






Title: Into the Nothing


Series: Broken Outlaw #1


Author: BT Urruela


Release Date: June 21, 2016




Xander Evans has been on the road for many years. Never settling. Always moving from one place to another, unable to let go of his past. He lived a tragic childhood, spending most of those years in foster care. He's never felt like he's had a home. That is until he stops in the small town of Truman Valley, Missouri, where he meets a woman who will change everything he's ever known.


Paige Watson has it all. A loving family, beautiful home, and a great career. The only thing she's missing....is love. After escaping an abusive relationship, she opens her heart up to a stranger. He is unlike any man she's ever met. He came into her life and turned it completely upside down. Everything is perfect. That is, until one fateful night.


A night that would tear the Watson family apart, never to be put back together again. 


A night that would send Xander away to prison for life.





REVIEW:

   photo D7BBE1A7-1949-453F-8375-6C5F9C44A090_zpse0jfxsdc.jpg


Into the Nothing is a romance that leans towards the suspenseful/mysterious side. The prologue of the book pulled me in straight away. Our hero is currently serving time for a crime he did not commit. After that prologue, we go back in time a few years to see what happened to put him in this position that changed his life forever.

I won't talk too much about the story, I’ll let you read it for yourself but I will say that BT’s writing is strong. The story was intriguing. It had parts that were sexy and sweet, and other parts that were mysterious and gritty. I thought the male POV was written perfectly. There was a lot about this story I liked, but I didn’t connect to Paige as I wished I would. That was probably the thing I had trouble with the most. I find it so hard to love a book when I never click with one of the main characters.

The story started as a sweet romance with some fun moments. You could see that Xander and Paige both had some things in their past that made them a little broken, but they were both starting to open up about themselves. The story continues and things start to get a little crazy. Here comes the suspenseful parts of the story… My heart broke for both Xander and Paige and the situation they were both put in. My mind was racing as I tried to figure out what really happened.

As I was really starting to get into the story towards the end, I felt like it wrapped up so quickly my head was spinning. I do have to point out that one of the big reveals at the end totally shocked me. That ‘who done it moment’ I thought I had figured out… yeah, I was totally wrong. I love it when a book surprises me.

There were parts of this story I loved, and other parts that were a miss for me, but overall I think it was a good read and I’m looking forward to reading more of BT’s works in the future. I think his writing is wonderful and he has a ton of potential. I’m especially excited to read A Lover’s Lament as I’ve only heard wonderful things about it!

I would recommend this to those of you that like romantic suspense and a strong male POV. I give it a solid 3.5 stars.

   photo 9F765BFB-4A44-4986-B0FB-5C789A88BDFF_zps9ysmnukf.jpg


"How about twenty questions?" I ask.


"I hate twenty questions."


"How about five questions, then?"


He cracks a smile and lifts an eyebrow. "How about three?"


"Deal!"


"So, have I mentioned how much I fucking hate Tuesdays?" Brandi's voice cuts right between us. Xander looks relieved.


Me? Not so much. "Damn it, Brandi!"


"What?"

"Oh nothing. Can you grab me Fireball though? Pretty please. Two of them." I look at Xander. "You're taking one."

"Three. I am too, bitch! Fuck Tuesdays!" Brandi calls out from across the bar as she begins filling the shot glasses from the Fireball chiller.

"Question one. You said you’ve been traveling for a while now, right? Do you ever get tired of it? Ever feel like settling?”

"Damn. Starting out with the heavy hitters, huh?" He eyes the shot glasses as if hoping it will somehow make them fill faster.

"Need me to go easier on you? Maybe a finger or two first before I go in with the whole fist?"

He looks at me in disbelief. "Did you really just say that?"

"Just answer the question, two fingers or three?"








BT Urruela was an infantryman in the US Army from August 2004 until February 2011. At the end of a year long tour to Baghdad, Iraq, his vehicle was hit by two roadside bombs, which took his right leg below the knee and the life of his commander. He was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds, an Army Commendation Medal, and Combat Infantryman's Badge. He medically retired from the Army in 2011 and moved to Tampa, FL where he currently works as a Director and Brand Ambassador for VETSports, a veteran community sports nonprofit he co-founded in 2012. He also conducts motivational speeches, works as a cover and fitness model and he's a personal performance trainer. He co-wrote the military romance novel A Lover's Lament and will be releasing his debut solo novel, Into the Nothing, on June 21st, 2016.







No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon