Monday, May 4, 2015

Before You by Annie Brewer



 photo 2c161966-87df-440c-8ab2-b078e73fd1d6_zpsduwed9zq.jpg


Before You is a novella about Kyler and Addison, two broken teens who were friends as children. They lost touch over the last two years (Ky’s doing) but now Addison is coming back into Kyler’s life and he doesn’t know how to feel about it. Kyler has stayed away from Addi for a reason. He’s on a destructive path and he doesn’t want to pull her down too.

 photo 8633d16b-b332-4eae-ab7c-ec6c0ff424c0_zps9ylh8jdk.jpg


She doesn’t know how much I want her. She won’t. Ever. Addison Reynolds only exists in my dreams now. And there she’ll remain. As much as I need her, I can’t rely on someone who has a bright future ahead of her. I’d only drag her down with me into my darkness.







 


 photo 34acd830-3496-4d8f-b800-8ed6a995b26f_zpsnarpqs2g.jpg
What Kyler doesn’t realize is that Addison doesn’t have the perfect life he remembered her having two years ago. Her life has changed. Things have happened that changed her. And all she wants and needs is her best friend. Her Kyler. So she travels from their hometown in Texas all the way to Oregon where Kyler lives.


I loved Ky and Addi’s relationship. Even though Ky shut Addi out for a time, they have such a strong friendship. And seeing their feelings for one another grow, I can’t wait to read the rest of the series and see how it all turns out. How they both deal with the things they are feeling for one another.



Before You is a great YA/NA read. I love the friends to lovers stories, and damaged characters are my favorite, so this was a real win for me. I love Annie’s storytelling and this is by far her best story and strongest writing. From reading the first draft of this book months ago, to now reading the final version, there was so much more character development and growth in the story. I wouldn’t say this book ended in a cliffhanger, but Addi dropped a bomb at the end and it’s making me even more anxious to get my hands on the next one.

   photo 67f436ff-d681-4ebc-8f6d-39dc88b45e43_zpsb503motq.jpg



LIVE ON AMAZON > http://amzn.com/B00X318QE0

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon