Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Shenanigans by Sarina Bowen is LIVE! + Review!

 


What I meant to do in Vegas: Let my hair down for once and celebrate winning a medal at my first women’s hockey all-stars competition.

What I actually did: Got senior prom drunk and woke up married to Brooklyn’s star winger, the great Neil Drake. 

He’s the heir to a billion dollars, and I barely survived my childhood. Our friendship is based strictly only on hockey, takeout food, and smack talk. 

And now holy matrimony. Although we both know it can’t last, especially once his evil family gets wind of our Vegas shenanigans… 

Contains: Meddling teammates, meddling parents, ugly jewelry, and a pretend-kiss that nearly sets the world on fire.



CHRISTY'S REVIEW

Another fantastic hockey book by Sarina Bowen! I love that we're getting characters from both the male and female professional hockey teams. Shenanigans features Charli and Neil Drake. And it's got a troupe I absolutely love. Wake up in Vegas... married.

Drake and Charli couldn't be more different on paper. He's the heir to literally billions of dollars and she played hockey on a scholarship before she made it to the big leagues. But even still, they click. They like each other. This is very much a friends to lovers story.

Charli is a little freaked when she wakes up married but Drake has reasons, family reasons, to stay married for a while. It was fun watching to see what they would do about the whole situation. Drake was the perfect hero. I completely adored him. Charli I really liked too. There were moments I was frustrated with her, but once I knew more about her story I could understand all the choices she made.

Shenanigans was a fun sports romance but it was so much more than that. It had a lot of emotion and depth as well. The audiobook was fantastic and I can't wait to read more in this series!

Story Rating: 4.25 stars
Narrators:Jason Clarke & Vanessa Edwin
Narration Rating: 4.5 stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance- sports
Length: 10h 27m

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon