Wednesday, March 16, 2022

5 stars to FAIR CATCH by Kandi Steiner

 


As if things aren’t already tough enough as the only girl on a college football team, Coach had to go and assign Zeke Collins as my roommate.

A cocky kick returner and my brother’s best friend who should have been ripped of that title years ago, he’s as infuriating as he is undeniably sexy.

I hate him, and for good reason — reason I won’t ever let him forget.

He thinks because we grew up together that it’s his role to protect me, but all he does is get in my way, make me look weak, and piss me off more.

I tell him I can handle myself, and I’m hell-bent on getting that point across to him and the rest of the nation watching the only girl in collegiate football.

The pressure doesn’t get to me. The scrutiny? I’m ready for.

But sharing very thin walls with Zeke Collins? I wasn’t prepared for that.

And the more we’re forced together, the harder it is to distinguish that pencil-thin line between hating him… and wanting him.


READ on KU

ADD on Goodreads


Christy's 5 Star Review: 



IMG_4531
“I think I kind of love it when you hate me.”

Enemies to lovers, college sports romance, brother’s best friend, forced proximity… these are a few of my favorite troupes! Put them all together and you get an epic romance book from Kandi Steiner!

Zeke and Riley have known each other since they were kids. Zeke and Riley’s brother Gavin have always been best friends, and Riley used to be friends with Zeke too. Until high school when an accident Zeke and Gavin were in changed Riley’s feelings about him. She went from liking him to hating him. And playing on the same high school team didn’t bring them closer together.

Zeke, Riley, and Gavin all go to the same college their freshman year and Riley and Zeke get a little closer than Riley wants. Riley is a kicker for their college football team and the only woman on the team. I loved this aspect of the book. I think it’s so awesome that Kandi put a female kicker on the team and I love how it shaped Riley and Zeke’s relationship.

They’re teammates, roommates, but they’re still not friends. At least, not at first. With time, Riley starts to remember all the things she used to love about Zeke. And as their friendship eventually grows, so does the other feelings they’re having. I truly felt for Zeke. He has been through so much, some of it Riley had no clue about, and he was a great man and a great hero.

Riley was so awesome. I loved how badass she was. These two had undeniable chemistry and the best back and forth banter. I had so much fun reading this book, but it also had a fair amount of angst and emotion. Also, shout out to Gavin because he was just amazing. I see Kandi is continuing this series and I hope he eventually gets a book! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon