Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Right Player by Kandi Steiner is LIVE!

 

The Right PlayerThe Right Player by Kandi Steiner 

6266C25F_E260_4088_AB82_685E36F93560_IMG_8531
I never expected Belle Monroe.

Kandi Steiner is known for her angst filled books that are heavy with emotion, but sometimes I forget how well she does fun and lighter stories. I mean, this book has the sweetest and swooniest hero I've read about all year. Makoa is a guy you want to meet!

After reading 'The Wrong Game' last year, I was curious who would be paired with Gemma's maneater best friend, Belle. A guy like Makoa is just who she needs. You see, Mak and Belle both have a three date rule. But... and this is a big but... Belle only keeps a guy around for three dates, and Mak won't sleep with someone until three dates.

Belle had a bad experience with an ex in college and it put her off relationships. Mak has always been the nice guy put in the friend zone, but now that he's in the NFL he's the guy that girls want to use for fame/money/etc. So he keeps quiet about his job when he first meets Belle. Belle and Mak have fantastic banter and such a great connection. I mean, that Broadway date...swoon. That seriously seems like the most perfect date ever!

This story was so cute and fun, and it was mostly light but there were some secrets you were just waiting to come out. I was a bit nervous waiting for the other shoe to drop. I loved both Belle and Mak, though Mak was definitely my favorite. Like, could Kandi have written a more perfect guy (I mean, maybe Logan Becker but Mak is a close second). I seriously love the nice guy troupe and this one was great for me.

If you're looking for a romance that will sweep you off your feet, pick up The Right Player.
"You were worth the wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon