Sunday, September 6, 2020

Audio review: Bound by Honor by Cora Reilly


  1A765FD6_065C_40AF_8B06_B5F52847FBE1_IMG_8302



This was my first book by Cora Reilly and I really enjoyed it. I'll be the first to admit, I rarely read mafia romances or dark romances anymore, but I was in the mood for something a little different and I'm glad I picked this one up. Luca and Aria's story hooked me from start to finish and I'm looking forward to reading more books from other members of the family.

Aria Scuderi always knew she might never marry for love. But she never expects to be forced to marry Luca Vitello, a mob boss from NYC. Being forced to leave her siblings and family is bad enough, but she's a bit terrified of Luca. Luca is not an easy guy to love. There is one scene in particular where I just wanted to slap him silly, but by the end, he truly won me over. I rooted for Luca and Aria to make this relationship work and I loved watching them fall for each other.

I listened to the audiobook of Bound by Honor and it was narrated by Juliana Solo. This was my first audiobook by this particular narrator and I thought she did a good job. I do think she sounded a little older than eighteen, which is the age of the heroine but she didn't sound old. She did a nice job with the voicing of Aria and expressing her emotions through the story.

If you're looking for a mafia romance that has an arranged marriage, some drama, angst, and heat- pick up Bound by Honor. I loved the family dynamic, especially Aria's relationships with her siblings, and can't wait to read some of their books!
 
   
"Maybe love is a risk, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take and as you said, it’s not a choice. I never thought I would, never thought I could love someone like that but I fell in love with you. I fought it. It’s the first battle I didn’t mind losing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon