Thursday, September 24, 2020

Review: Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen

 

Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)Lies & Lullabies by Sarina Bowen

38A3B38A_9312_4515_9688_2E6E38972AA0_IMG_8332

I love Sarina Bowen's writing and was so excited to read a rockstar romance from her. While I liked this one a lot, there were some things I didn't love. Most of it is my own fault because I like to go into books by my favorites blind and I didn't read the synopsis, but here we are. This is one of those troupes that just almost never work for me so this is very much a ‘me’ thing and not necessarily the book. This one was good for me, but not a favorite.

Kira and Jonas spend one incredible summer together in May. They become close friends and by the end of the summer, they become more. Jonas has to go back to the west coast for his band and Kira goes back to her life as well, only to discover that her life will never be the same again.

It’s a funny thing about babies in books. I actually have zero issues with the surprise baby troupe, but that dang secret baby… unless there is a legit reason to keep a baby from their other parent it makes me want to scream. I’ll be honest here, I didn’t feel Kira’s reasoning had any merit at all and it took a bit of the enjoyment out of the read for me personally.

The kid in this book was so cute, and I’ll be honest here, I loved Kira’s brother Adam and if this was his book, I would have been so here for it. I kind of hope he gets his own story (or at least a novella) down the line because I adored him!

Sarina Bowen always writes engaging character driven stories and there was a lot about this book I liked! I especially loved the hero and I’m looking forward to reading about the other band members. If you’re looking for a sweet and steamy second chance romance, give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon