Thursday, May 5, 2016

Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann. AUDIO review.


5 stars!


   photo 49625A3C-B2B2-433C-9CF0-B4E6CD0F9CD2_zpsxa2zesbh.jpg


Undeniably You is one of those books that put me through a rollercoaster of emotions. I didn’t know how to feel for most of the book! This story was downright PAINFUL at times. I mean, I hurt while reading it. The first half, not so much. It was actually pretty fun and full of humor and steam. Then later in the second half. My heart. It just hurt. I found myself stressed out. Wanting to bite off all my nails (which is a habit I just recently broke) and constantly messaging my friend who recommended this to me (thanks, Kate). The journey was a struggle, but it was worth it. This book was fantastic. The writing is amazing. And the end, it made it worth it all.
 
"I never wanted to sacrifice my self-worth and dreams. I never wanted to settle."



Sydney is spending some time housesitting for her aunt and uncle in Palo Alto. Spend a year house-sitting. Save some money for grad school, and then start back towards living her dream of being an art curator. That is the plan. Then she meets Lautner Sullivan (swoony sigh) and questions everything she thought she knew.

Dr. Sullivan and Sydney spend a month together. Just one month, but it’s pretty apparent they’re both head over heels for one another. Even if Sydney won't admit it… Lautner has no problem expressing his feelings.

   photo 520552D0-5EB8-4944-A198-8BFDBA6F6EDB_zpsxz9ehvli.jpg


Now to the hard part of the review. Not wanting to spoil anything, but have you ever gotten to a point in a book where you think- FUCK THIS BOOK. Legit. Fuck it. I’m over it. I’m not finishing it. I’m SO MAD. Yeah. This book had that moment for me. I’m not going to lie. I put it on pause and stewed for a day or two. Then I went back in. As pissed as I was (and still am a bit at this one character… yeah I hold a grudge… and yeah… I’m not completely over it) I’m SO happy I finished. Because overall, even with the rage, I loved this book so much! And as I said earlier, the end was worth it!

I really did love this book, HARD. But I’m not going to lie. There was a point I wasn’t sure if I could give it 5 stars. Ultimately, I did, because the writing and story were just too epic not too. But I feel like I have to explain my issue with it. I can forgive a lot. I mean A LOT. I’m a pretty easy to please reader and all around forgiving person. But there is one thing this heroine did that I personally find unforgivable most of the time. It’s one of those super hard lines for me. I don't have many, but this is one. (view spoiler)

Lautner and Sydney truly had an epic love story. This is one of those books that will stay with me. I’ll never forget the way I felt while reading. And oh boy did I feel! SO many emotions. If you’re in the mood for an angsty read that is fun, sexy and fabulous with an amazingly near perfect male lead- read this one!!! I give it 5 stars!

   photo 43CC86A0-9A20-4EB4-87BA-5AEF39AEBD3D_zps2nsvkid0.jpg

*Review of the audio version of Undeniably You. The narration of this book was fantastic. You could really feel all the emotions when listening. I would highly recommend picking up the audio book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon