Thursday, December 18, 2014

Unraveling You by Jessica Sorensen



Christy's Review: 

Unraveling You (Unraveling You, #1)Unraveling You by Jessica Sorensen

  4-4.5 stars!!!


   photo 34a25c7f-73f4-4448-8c24-2edfb349ff15_zps0990d3f3.jpg


Now THIS is the Jessica Sorensen I know and love. A little more on the ya side, but a sweet, beautiful, emotional and fun ‘friends to more’ story that didn’t end in a terrible cliffhanger, but let you wanting more!

Lyric Scott is the daughter of musician Micah Scott and his wife Ella. Yes. That Micah and Ella. She is fun, sweet and spunky. She wants to make music and can’t find the right lyrics... ironic, huh?
 
Bored. Ordinary. That’s what my life is. And ordinary doesn’t make awesome music.

Meeting Ayden Gregory may change that. Ayden has been through a lot. He’s the newly adopted teenage son of Lila and Ethan. He’s at a new place and knows no one, but Lyric makes him feel welcome. She wants him to be happy. To be his friend.

   photo ceff3790-e6be-4d0f-9499-ecd1bbdb37cb_zps75be8045.jpg


I love how she introduces herself to him and has him pass the ‘friend test’.

“Okay, you passed the music test. Now we can be friends.”

“What if I don’t want to be friends with you?”


“You do. I promise. Not only am I the most awesome person ever, but I can show you the ropes of your new life. So what do you say? Friends?”


“All right, we can be friends, Lyric.”


Lyric makes it her mission to make Ayden happy. Make him smile. Give him something to smile about.

   photo 9d99bad4-7c2e-4df1-89ac-06d9fb3f75a6_zps7316a894.jpg


Lyric and Ayden’s friendship is something that kept a permanent smile on my face. I loved the two of them together. They had a special friendship. Lyric was an amazing heroine. I love girls like that- ones that are confident in who they are and can just be themselves and have fun. Lyric is a heroine who treats others with love, kindness and respect. She is bubbly, feisty and fun.
 
Nothing fazes that girl. It’s the most terrifying and fascinating thing to observe.



Ayden is more on the damaged side. His upbringing has been opposite of Lyric’s. He has had a hard life. The things we found out about his upbringing was enough to bring me to tears. I love that he has Lyric in his life. His adoptive family love him and treat him well, but Lyric is just so special for him. She is his best friend, but so much more that that.

   photo e6e70145-d048-4768-8c5f-cc86cae51a82_zps07a40c1f.jpg


Nothing makes me happier in a story than damaged boys, strong and fun heroines and I do love me a good friends to romance tale. And Jessica Sorensen knows how to write, so this was right up my alley. Watching Lyric and Ayden’s friendship grow into that more was my favorite part about it. They both tried to fight it in some small way or another, especially Ayden. But some feelings are just too strong to fight.


Unraveling You was an enjoyable read for me. It was fast, the characters were lovable and watching them grow together and develop feelings for one another was wonderful. I wish it were a little longer, because I was not ready for it to end. I’m excited to read the next one and can’t wait to see what lies ahead for Ayden and Lyric!

   photo be848860-9773-454c-92e5-4e0b0e753b60_zps9c0918a6.jpg


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Jessica Sorenson is rather hit or miss, isn't she? I loved Coincidence of Callie & Kayden but Redemption fell short for me. I have this one on my Kindle and haven't read it yet but I plan to. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

BBU - Coming Soon