Thursday, October 30, 2014

Delinquents by Mary Elizabeth and Sarah Elizabeth


Christy's 5 star review! 


   photo 48035b14-e9bc-45bd-925a-9e6d431d1a53_zpsafad7d15.jpg


Love is fucked-up, but love is all there is.

I should have known what I was getting myself into. After reading Dusty Innocents, there was a part of me that considered not reading the second installment. The first was just too torturous, too raw, too heart wrenching. But I couldn’t stop myself. I had to see what happened with Dusty and Bliss. I am glad I did. Delinquients was just as captivating, just as powerful, just as angsty and I loved it so much more than the first! I think I finally ‘get’ what all the hype was about when it came to the fan-fic. I didn’t get it after reading the first. Now I do!

Bliss and Dusty’s love story is painful to read. I think this quote sums it up perfect. The boy who can’t get his shit together, and the girl that loves him regardless.

I love a boy who can’t get his shit together, but without him I can’t breathe. Thomas is love to me, and this love runs deeper than my blood and stronger than my own sense of instinct and survival. This love is forever-bound.

As much as Bliss wants to hate Dusty sometimes, for all the lies he tells, the things he does, the way he leaves, the way he puts drugs over her. It’s impossible. She can’t hate this boy.

   photo ec5b3d45-9558-4066-8266-016de14acb1f_zpsc600b8ee.jpg


Dusty and Bliss are still ‘together’ in their own way. Everything is still a secret. It has to be. Bliss is underage, Dusty is using, there are just too many things that prevent them from being out in the open. That doesn’t stop Dusty from wanting to be. It broke my heart. If you read my first review, you’ll know I wasn’t the biggest Dusty fan. This book… he still had his moments, but this book, I really did love him. Even though drugs consumed him, I felt like he tried in other ways to be the guy Bliss needed. He was an addict, true- but he really did want to be with her in any and every way.

   photo 615b958a-2026-40c4-bdde-f8eaae65dabf_zpsf67ad4d2.jpg


Drugs enrapture him. They are his mistress. They are the main reason for their problems. His parents standing by doing nothing… I hate it. I understand Bliss is young and in love, she lets it go. She doesn’t get involved. But those parents. I spent so much of the book wondering what if? What if Bliss would have said yes to Dusty about not being a secret anymore? What if Tommy and Lucas would have opened their eyes and forced Dusty into rehab before he was 18 and he would have gotten clean. Would their story have been different?

We kiss with our eyes open, and hers tell the story of us:
dependence, lies, and misery.



   photo 96d8ee9d-cd91-447b-8739-c2a2373296df_zps90a4e3a1.jpg

 
"You and cocaine make me crazy."

Bliss was less young, less naive this book. but to be honest, I didn’t like her quite as much. That thing with Oliver. It made me a little uneasy. Dusty did have the one screw up, and he was on drugs lots, but he was more devoted in this one. I felt his love. His desperation. His heartache.
Although everyone still had multiple names (Thomas, Dusty, trouble, love, my heart etc.) I found it much easier to keep track of in this one.

I loved the crazy love. The intense love. The deep love. The painful love.
 
Dusty loves me too hard, too deep, too far, but it’s the kind of madness I crave. It hurts but it’s familiar to me and comfortable like hime, because loving this person has hurt for as long as I can remember.



   photo 7fe5c5d2-4c00-4182-a8d9-ee58073f152b_zps5b84ef31.jpg


There were some parts in the end that gutted me. The big confrontation. OMG. I was in tears. My skin was blotchy. My heart was beating out of my chest. You have to be in the right mood to enjoy this book. If you can’t do angsty, I wouldn’t recommend it for you. It’s just not for everyone. In the end, I’m glad I read it. like I said before, all I really wanted was for Bliss and Dusty to get to together. To get their happy. I am choosing to be optimistic. I am choosing that that HELLO? is something big and something good. Otherwise, I might cry again! I feel like that  Hello is the start of something.

This is a captivating read. An addictive read. It’s emotional. It’s intense. It’s an experience. A stressful experience. A heart breaking experience. And at times, a beautiful experience. One thing is for certain- it’s an unforgettable book. It’s a story that will stick with me. And that’s something that doesn't happen all the time. So it deserves 5 stars from this reader!
 
I'm broken, made of pieces, but my pieces are made of more than just love.


     photo 7e6194dc-c900-42ac-b6e2-48e81a191b2a_zps294a9aaf.jpg
 

   
     
"I love you," he whispers, breathless as he fills me.
"I love you, girl. I love you.”


View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon