Friday, April 3, 2015

5+ stars for SWEET HOPE by Tillie Cole


Title: Sweet Hope
Series: Sweet Home #4
Author: Tillie Cole
Age group: New adult
Genre: Contemporary romance


AMAZON LINK

http://amzn.com/B00VDH93YI

GOODREADS LINK

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18759355-sweet-hope?ac=1

Christy's Review
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5+ ‘my hope, my light’ stars!

   photo ac1a9898-97eb-439c-921a-175aad033af9_zps7i6vngnh.jpg


Tillie Cole presses my love buttons like no other author. She makes her way right to the top of my favorites list with every beautiful, emotional and stunning story she tells. Her writing is completely captivating and her stories move me like no other. I really thought there was no way any of the ‘Sweet Home’ books could compare to Sweet Fall for me. That book is so special and will always hold a place in my heart. I can happily say that this book was just as good as Sweet Fall. Just as beautiful, just as heart wrenching and just as moving. It wrecked me in the best possible way.

Ally Prince is now an art curator. It’s her dream job. And she just got the opportunity of a lifetime. To work with an artist that moves her. That she’s admired for a long time. For Elpidio.


   photo bd589383-423d-40de-8fd8-8a8487ed797b_zps3dsor7mn.jpg


Elpi is a man who’s made a lot of mistakes. He’s a broken hero. He’s trying to make changes in his life. Trying to redeem himself for the things he’s done in his past. He’s not sure if he can ever really make up for the wrong doings in his life, but he’s trying. He expresses his pain, his guilt, and all the things from his past he wants to remember and wants to forget through his sculptures. When he decides to show them, he wants it to be anonymous,  hence the name Elpi. He never wants anyone to see him or know him as Elpi. But Ally does. She works her way in.

 
He was… dark. There was no other adjective I could think of to do him justice. Dark, aggressively tattooed, and absolutely yet unconventionally… beautiful.

   photo d921a22c-d0fe-4035-aa04-28834ae31569_zpspnvrqi3z.jpg


 
For the first time ever, someone was sharing in this pain with me. A virtual stranger. And I didn’t know what the hell to do with how damn good that felt. I’d vowed to never let anyone in. I didn’t understand why I’d broken that vow with her.

Give me a broken boy, a damaged man and I am a happy reader. Elpi is so broken from his past. He has so much darkness  he just wants to be free of. He wants to move on with his life and get over the things that have happened but becoming free from your past is not an easy task. He’s been living in darkness for so long. But now that Ally is in his life, now that he’s finally connected to someone for the first time in years, he has some light in the darkness. Some hope.


   photo 68ac6bbb-7be3-4cc8-9930-81c16f15ea52_zpsvkrvj1in.jpg


 
She was fucking perfection. She was light. A blazing golden light. When you’re locked in perpetual darkness, you’ll do anything to fucking chase that light.
I loved the broken hero in this story, but I’m going to just take a moment and completely gush over this heroine. Ally Prince is someone special. She is strong, she is sweet, she is compassionate and she see’s beyond the exterior. She sees the person Elpi is within. She is able to make him see his worth when no one else in the world can. She is able to pull him out of this darkness for a while. She made my heart happy. I love this heroine so much. She is the absolute best.

 
   
“You are worth your weight in gold, Elpi. You are someone, someone real special.”
 


   photo 499f8eda-35d4-4806-b0c5-f26e75713b5a_zpsq9lqi4pa.jpg


Sweet Hope is a gorgeous romance, but it is so much more than that. It’s a story of healing. Of guilt, forgiveness, moving forward and acceptance. It’s a story of hope. This is a story that touched my heart. It’s been days since I’ve read and I can’t get it off my mind. I can’t wait for everyone else to read and really ‘meet’ Ally and Elpi. Yes, you see them in the other 3 books, but you don’t really know either of them. How beautiful their hearts are and the people they really are.



   photo 2c810fbf-1bbe-4410-b5d1-2ab021c1ae8f_zps79mfxzcb.jpg


Sweet Hope is not a standalone. You should (at least) read Sweet Fall before you read this. If not the entire series. Trust me, they are worth while reads. This is a series that is just fantastic. I love all the books so much. I loved reading this and seeing all my favorite characters from the previous books. It made me so happy to see them all together and thriving.

I feel like I’m writing my own little book here so I’ll wrap it up. If you haven’t read this series read it!. And as soon as you do READ THIS BOOK! Another stunning story going to the top of my favorites list!

 
   
“I always wanted this. I always wanted this kind of love, this intense love… I just never realized it could be so much more… until you.”
 


   photo 761d4224-9005-41ea-84ac-19833b70b01a_zpsuqbqhoyv.jpg




BLURB

From the USA Today Bestselling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Hope.

My name is Ally Prince and I've always been unlucky in love. I don’t know why, I just always… have.

When all of my best friends were falling for their soul mates in College, I was left behind. I was Ally, the pretty cousin of superstar quarterback, Romeo Prince. I was Ally, the best friend to the most amazing group of girls I've ever known—a title I loved, but one I became tired of 'just' being. And I was Ally, the one on which they could all rely.

But to me, I was Ally, the girl with the heart no one had claimed... And I was, Ally, the girl, who underneath it all, was heart-breakingly lonely.

I LOVE love; the thought of it, the nervous excitement of falling for Mr. Right, the desire of someone becoming my entire world... of me becoming theirs. I’ve always wanted passion, heart-stopping, epic, life-changing romance... I’ve always wanted the fairytale… I’ve always wanted it all.

It just never seemed like I would get it.

For the past few years I've thrown myself into my career as a museum curator. I’m the best of the best, the person every museum wants to hire, so when an opportunity came up to move to Seattle, I jumped at the chance. My cousin and my best friend lived in Seattle and I needed a change. 

I needed a new beginning.

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the Emerald City. I wasn't expecting to work closely with the reclusive new sculptor my all-important gallery design was centered around. And I certainly wasn't expecting to fall for him... heart-stopping, epic, life-changing love...
My real life fairytale come true.

But, like in every fairytale, there’s a villain, a dark and tortured soul... I just didn't know that the villain and the hero in my story would end up being one and the same.

New Adult Romance Novel—contains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up. 

ABOUT TILLIE


Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother — a farmer’s daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


GIVEAWAY INFO

Tillie is giving away a $150 Amazon gift card.

2 comments:

  1. I love broken heroes, beautiful romances, and stories of hope. This series is all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your review. I haven't read anything by Tillie Cole yet, but I'm going o add her books to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

BBU - Coming Soon