Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lighter (Begin Again Book 1) by @AuthorGiaRiley

Lighter (Begin Again, #1)Lighter by Gia Riley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm impressed. 5 emotional stars!

I get a lot of requests for reviews either through my blog or from publishers. And it's impossible to say yes to everyone. So when Gia emailed my blog asking if we wanted to review her book, I read the synopsis and knew I had to read it.

As soon as I read the prologue I knew this book would tear me to shreds. And it did. It was a very emotional read. There are some touchy subjects for sure in Lighter. But Gia pulled it off fantastically.

Sophie was denied her chance to go to the college of her dreams for freshman year. But somehow come her junior year, she was offered a place on the gymnastics team at her dream college. This is where we meet Cara, her new roommate and her sexy as sin brother Kipton or Kippy as Cara likes to cal him.

Sophie is instantly attracted to him and him to her. He invites them both to a party and Sophie decides to go with Cara. She's allowed 1 night of partying right? Well things do not go well. But this gives Kipton and Sophie the chance to see each other differently.

Kipton is trying to wear Sophie down and get her to open up to him. She pushes herself so hard, and it takes a toll on her body. Everyone around her is worried but don't know what to do.

While reading Lighter I cried several times for this girl who is broken and needing help but can't get out of her own head to think clearly and seek the help she needs. I adore Kipton and his never wavering attention to her. If he wasn't there I honestly think Sophie wouldn't have gotten the help she needed when she did.

Lighter is a must read. The writing was fantastic and I connected with the characters. I felt what they felt, and that's when you know the author did their job. This was my first book by Gia Riley but it won't be my last.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon