Monday, December 1, 2014

The Space Between by Kate Canterbary

THE SPACE BETWEEN
by Kate Canterbary






Christy's Review:

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4.5 Stars!

   photo ffd1af81-a545-4b27-9dca-de29c0254e28_zpsdd4eb5c8.jpg


The Space Between is the second book in The Walshes’ series. Each book follows one of the five Walsh siblings. This is a group that even after two books, I have grown attached to and love reading about! All five of these siblings are so different, and together they are a riot! Book one was about Matt finding love with his sexy school teacher Lauren. This book follows the oldest son, Patrick.

Patrick needs an intern at the family’s architect firm. The only problem is he isn’t easy to please and no one is good enough to fill the spot. Till he meets a black haired beauty named Andy. She is able to answer anything thrown at her. She’s perfect for the job. But Patrick doesn’t want her there at first... for entirely different reasons that are not professional.

 
In the week since her interview, I never stopped to consider where she would spend the majority of her time or how we’d work together. I spent a fair amount of time thinking about her naked in every conceivable position.

After Andy starts work there, it becomes apparent she has those same wants and desires as Patrick. You can feel the attraction building between them.


   photo 664ed5a1-6a00-447c-9efe-a046329127f4_zps65d22dee.jpg


Although Andy isn’t shy with her feelings about Patrick, she is very hesitant about acting on them. And I don’t blame her. He is her boss. She gives a little, but always seems to be holding back. And Patrick notices. For the first time in his life, he wants more from a girl. He doesn’t want her to hold back. He wants everything from her.

 
   
“When I say you don’t give me much, this is what I’m talking about.”


“What would you like me to give you?”


“Everything.”
 

Andy and Patrick have amazing chemistry. When they finally give in to their desires for each other, it’s explosive. Their relationship is complicated though. Even though they both have these feelings for each other, they feel the need to keep things on the sly for a while. At least until Andy is no longer an intern.

I love Patrick and Andy together. Love! Patrick was the serious brother in the first book, but he was something else all together once you got to know him and be in  his head.


   photo 72a2943d-75b8-4416-8a0d-d3f96ed43fab_zpsb20e9692.jpg


After reading book one in this series, Patrick was probably the brother I was least interested in reading about. Boy was I wrong. Patrick was just they type of guy I love. Broody, grumpy, sexy, damaged and domineering. He was a great hero! And Andy is awesome. She was a fantastic heroine. I loved how she didn’t put up with his attitude when he was throwing it at her at the beginning. She’s driven and dedicated, yet also carefree and fun.

The only real reason I didn’t give this 5 stars is that I felt the ending was a little rushed. I get that there isn’t much of an epilogue, I know that we will see much more of Andy and Patrick in the other Walsh siblings books, I just wanted more of them together out in the open after they got it all together.

This is a wonderful series. Sweet, fun, light hearted, sexy with just enough damaged characters and drama to keep it from being too fluffy. I’ve come to adore these Walsh siblings! I can’t wait for Sam, Shannon and Riley’s books! I don’t even care who’s next because I’m excited to read about them all!



   photo c413594b-9c66-4802-ab28-ff5151cb0500_zps49c50f95.jpg


 
   
Andy showed me that it was possible for someone to know my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon