Monday, November 30, 2020

Audio Review: My Darling Arrow by Saffron A. Kent

 Darling Arrow,


I shouldn’t be writing this. 

It’s not as if I’m ever going to send you this letter and there are a million reasons why.

First of all, I was sent to St. Mary’s School for Troubled Teenagers – an all-girls reform school – as a punishment for a petty, totally inconsequential crime. Not to ogle the principal’s hot son around the campus.

Second of all, you’re a giant jerk. You’re arrogant and moody and so cold. Sometimes I think I shouldn’t even like you.

But strangely your coldness sets me on fire. 

The way your athletic body moves on the soccer field and the way your powerful thighs sprawl across that bike of yours, make me go inappropriately breathless. 

But that’s not the worst part. 

The worst part is that you, Arrow Carlisle, are not only the principal’s hot son. 

You also happen to be the love of my sister’s life. 

And I really shouldn’t be thinking about my sister’s boyfriend or rather fiancé (I overheard a conversation about the ring that I shouldn’t have.)

Now if I can only stop writing you these meaningless letters that I’ll never send and you’ll never read…

Never yours,
Salem


Christy's Review: 

Saffron A. Kent always writes angsty books that are completely addicting. My Darling Arrow was just that.

Salem has been in love with Arrow for eight long years. Ever since she was ten and he was fifteen. The problem? Arrow was in a relationship with her older sister. Salem is loyal to a fault and even though her sister never deserved it, Salem would have never ever went there while they were together. Only now, they're not. And Arrow is at her school working as a soccer coach. Her soccer coach.

This book definitely had that forbidden romance troupe in so many ways. My favorite things about this book were 1- the letters Salem wrote to Arrow all those years, and 2- Salem as a heroine and her gal group. I loved the friends she made at St. Mary's. What I didn't love... as much as it pains me to say this, I never loved the hero. Arrow just never clicked with me and as much as I wanted to love him, I never did. I couldn't connect with the romance, but I loved everything else, especially the heroine.

If you're looking for a forbidden and angsty with a lovable heroine, check this one out. I would also highly recommend the audiobook. Jason Clarke and Sarah Puckett did an amazing job with the narration!


Audio book source: Audible ARC
Story Rating: 3.5 stars
Narrators: Jason Clarke and Sarah Puckett
Narration Rating: 4.5 stars
Genre: Romance
Length: 11 hours and 46 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon