Tuesday, July 21, 2020

5 Stars to The Breaking Season by KA Linde



I signed on the dotted line. A marriage contract to seal my union with the devil.

I thought I knew what I was doing. His money and name were mine for the taking. But Camden Percy always gets exactly what he wants. And what he wants is me—my body, my obedience, my surrender.

He wants to break me.

But I’m Katherine Van Pelt. I’ll never break. I’ll never beg. I’ll never give in.

Except I promised him one more thing—a baby. A Percy heir.

There’s no way out of this one. Either I comply or lose everything. Do I risk the husband I’m just learning to love or is this my breaking season?



Christy's 5 star Review: 

  2B3FE335_7C56_47A0_9A65_E68AB8C572C2_IMG_7703


 
Villain Katherine and her Dark Prince.

If you would have told me that I would want to read about Katherine Van Pelt after meeting her in ‘Cruel Money’, I would have said no way. And if you would have told me she would become my favorite heroine of Linde’s, I would have laughed in your face… but here we are. This. Book. Was. Epic. Linde’s best work yet and Katherine is by far my favorite heroine she’s ever written. Trust me, no one is more surprised about this than me!

Katherine and Camden are married, but it’s a contract. It’s not a real marriage… or is it? Things between these two are complicated and tumultuous at times, but you can tell they feel for each other, even if they won’t admit it. And when they let themselves be together, the chemistry is sizzling. But the question is, will these two have a contractual marriage only or will they try to make it work for real. Is that even possible?

Through the last few books, Linde has made us care a little more about Katherine and Camden as we were shown a different side of them though the eyes of their best friends. How she managed to make these seemingly unredeemable villains not only characters I cared about, but characters I loved above all the others is beyond me. That is talent right there.

I ended up loving Camden Percy so dang much. He had a much bigger heart than I thought possible and was a loyal friend and managed to make a good husband. But Katherine, Katherine shocked me like no other. She’s a tough nut to crack, but once you see her for who she really is, you can’t help but to love her. She seems cold and hateful on the outside, but that is just a protective layer she wears. It’s not who she really is. I’m not saying she’s perfect, but I loved her so much and after seeing all she’d been through in her life I have a respect for her I didn’t before.

This was one of my most anticipated books of 2020 and it totally lived up to the hype. The Breaking Season was addicting and had that obsessive quality to it, I honestly could not put it down. K.A. Linde’s writing is impeccable and I still can’t believe how much I loved this book and these characters. The perfect mix of steam, emotion, angst, and heart. Honestly, this book was perfection for me and will be a top 2020 read! I can’t recommend it enough!

 
   
We were the villains of everyone else’s story. We were the hardened, darkened core that did whatever we had to in order to survive. To come out on top. But here, together, we were something else. Something more. Together, we could move mountains.
 


  E2E0F648_07C6_4C0F_8C60_D3B06F26245B_IMG_7704



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon