Friday, May 8, 2020

Review: Love Under Quarantine

   photo IMG_6557_zpscmp1p4ct.png  
   
In that moment, I realize I’m falling for this woman, and I’ve never laid my hands on her.

Love Under Quarantine is a stand-alone romance co-written by Kylie Scott and Audrey Carlan. I love Kylie’s writing, but this is the first book I’ve read by Carlan. 


Love Under Quarantine starts with Evan staying at his friend Jake’s apartment for a while due to some bad press. What Evan doesn’t expect is to get stuck in this apartment during a quarantine. Lucky for him, Jake has a beautiful neighbor named Sadie. Sadie and Evan are flirty and fun together and hit it off from the start.

Sadie and Evan had loads of chemistry. I loved watching the build up between them and how they got to know each other through calls, texts, video chats, and hanging out on their respective balconies. I couldn’t wait till they could finally be together. It was well worth the wait!

Evan is definitely an alpha type hero. He’s a professional athlete and there was a side story based solely on what he was going through with his career at the moment. It also touched on Sadie’s career as a romance author. I didn’t love the conflict between them towards the end regarding Sadie’s book, but I was happy it was resolved quickly.

Personally, I want to read to get out of my head. Sometimes when books hit a little too close to home it’s not a bad thing, if I can connect with them in some way. Even though I enjoyed a lot of this story, I’ve been reading more to get my mind OFF the pandemic going on, and this just brought it right back to the forefront of my mind. I think a lot of readers will love it, but for me, I had trouble connecting to the story for this very reason.

If you’re looking for a romance that is set during the quarantine, pick this one up! It was a great mix of a bit of insta-love, but with a lot of delayed gratification and I truly did enjoy that part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon