Friday, January 3, 2020

Christy's Top 19 of 2019



   photo 81B6207C-5C64-4D89-A6EC-CA4130542F91_zpsbutmxcei.png



My top 19 of 2019! It was so hard to narrow down as I have read 318 books so far and a little over 50 were 5 star reads, but these are my most favorite! 



#1 A Five Minute Life by Emma Scott

I read ‘A Five Minute Life’ back in May and it stuck with me. It’s such a special story and it’s my favorite from Emma. It was perfect fo me and Jimmy and Thea were both amazing.

#2 Heartache & Hope duet by Jay McLean

Jay McLean has been one of my top favorite authors since I read her first book in 2013. I’ve read and loved them all, and it’s been a while since she’s published anything. Well, she came back with a bang. This duet was NA greatness and truly magical.

#3 The Guy on the Left by Kate Stewart

After reading TGotR I wasn’t sure it could be topped for me, but then TGotL came out and I met Troy. Sigh. Troy and Dante made this book for me and Troy is by far Kate’s best hero. I couldn’t have loved this more!

#4 Destructive by Jay McLean

I finished this book late last night and had to shuffle my whole top 19 for it. NATE NATE NATE. I’ve been waiting for this book for 3 years and 9 months… not like I was counting or anything. It was exceptional. It blew me away and it’s unlike anything I’ve read before. Nate is the man and Tiny is one of the best secondary characters ever.

#5 The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart

And the funniest book I’ve read all year award goes to… The Guy on the Right! I haven’t laughed so hard while reading a book in forever. Not only was this hilarious, it was so full of heart, romance, and just the best friends to lovers story. It had everything I wanted in a book. 



#6 Landon and Shay duet by Brittainy C. Cherry

Brittainy C Cherry writes the most beautifully broken boys and Landon Harrison is no exception to that. Brittainy depicted mental health issues so realistically in this story and it was such a fantastic enemies to lovers story. I love all her books and this one holds a special place for me.

#7 Someday Someday by Emma Scott

Another Emma Scott book, is anyone surprised? Someday Someday is her debut MM book and she knocked it out of the park. This is a stunning and heartfelt story about Max and Silas (and I can’t forget Eddie) and it stole my heart.

#8 Eleanor & Grey by Brittainy C. Cherry

I feel like Brittainy C Cherry will never write a book that doesn’t make it on my top of the year list. She’s my most favorite author for a reason! This was my favorite second chance romance of the year. Eleanor is one of the best heroines I’ve read this year. It was wonderful.

#9 The Legend by Dylan Allen

I am obsessed with Dylan Allen’s Rivers Wilde series. This book was steamy, addicting, and this couple was truly meant to be. I think I put in my review that Remington and Kalilah are soulmates and I feel that so deep. This couple was incredible and this book was so romantic. I loved it so much!

#10 Down Too Deep by J. Daniels

I love single parent books, and in this one, BOTH the hero and heroine are single parents. I’ve fallen in love with this series and this is the 4th book. Nate’s book. I cried so much while reading it, but I loved it so hard. Nate and Jenna and their kids were so amazing. I loved watching this family grow together.

#11 Method by Kate Stewart

Method is a story of a married couple and it’s one of the most brilliant and twisty books I’ve read. I didn’t see it coming and it hit me so hard. It was angsty and blew me away.

#12 Red White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

This won best romance and best debut on the goodreads choice awards for good reason. It was for sure my favorite duet of 2019. This was another fun enemies to lovers story. All the characters in this book were great and it was funny, swoony, and so smart! I smiled so hard through this entire book and loved it so much. 



#13 Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
This book might have hit me harder in the feels than any book I’ve read this year. I went into it blind, because it’s CoHo, and I’m so glad I did. It’s one of my top CoHo books ever and I don’t want to say too much about it, because if you haven’t read it- go in blind! It’s refreshing and captivating and I loved it.

#14 All the Kinds Men duet by Kennedy Ryan

This list would be incomplete without a Kennedy Ryan book. This duet was epic, important, and so well written. Kennedy always writes about topics that matter and I can’t express how much I appreciate that as a reader. It’s a passionate love story and Maxim and Nix’s duet is a must read. 



#15 Neat by Kandi Steiner

I’ve read a lot of Kandi Steiner books, and Neat is one of her best. There is a reason for that, and that reason is Logan Becker. He is 100% her best hero ever in my opinion and made this book for me! I loved the good guy/bad girl troupe and this book was such a winner for me. If you love small town romances, romeo/juliet type forbidden love stories, you need this book in your life.

#16 Well Suited by Staci Hart

Staci Hart is the author I go to when I want a fun read. Her RLC series is my favorite of hers, though I love all her books. This is an amazing accidental pregnancy book and Theo and Katherine are an incredible couple. One of my favorite rom-coms of the year, I adored this. 



#17 What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon

I am not a historical romance fan, but I’ll read anything Amy Harmon writes. This was one of the first books I’ve read in 2019 and it stuck with me. It’s magical and beautiful, and I felt like I learned so much while reading it. It’s not a book I would normally pick up, but I’m so glad I did. 



#18 The Forbidden Man by Karina Halle

This book gave me all the feels of my favorite Karina books (The Play, Love in English) and was such a gorgeous forbidden love story. It was angsty, romantic, and intense.

#19 The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata

All hail the queen of slow burn romances. Luna and the Lie was one of my top reads last year, and I remember loving Lenny and Grandpa Gus so much. I was thrilled when I heard we were getting Lenny’s book. Even though it has my least favorite trope in it, I loved it so much and I completely understood Lenny and the why, which is so important. The story was great, and the secondary characters were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon