Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Piece of My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn is LIVE!


From the author of Unbreak My Heart comes a heart-wrenching story about a young married couple's struggle to find their way back to each other after an unbearable loss threatens to tear them apart. Nicole Jacquelyn delivers a novel that will break your heart...in all the best ways.

Alex Evans is cool. Collected. Charismatic as hell. But when he meets Sarai Levy, all that chill goes right out the door. An Israeli graduate student, Sarai's far too busy with school to date. But she gives Alex a chance anyway, and after a few whirlwind months, they're getting married. They've heard all the reasons why it's too soon, but Alex and Sarai are madly in love and determined to make it work . . . until a devastating tragedy strikes and their perfect world comes crashing down.

Sarai, who always has a plan, suddenly has no blueprint for handling a staggering loss. As she pulls away from Alex and withdraws from her life, he's struggling to be the man she needs. Their relationship is fraying at the seams, and if Alex and Sarai don't find a way to trust each other with their most painful truths, their heartache could shatter their fairytale romance.


Christy's Review
   photo B1DE24BA-27A7-4C05-B84E-6DB68B69A9DF_zpsa6dpboff.png


Piece of My Heart is the forth book in Nicole Jacquelyn’s ‘Fostering Love’ series. To be honest, this was my most anticipated one of the series. Alex is one of those supporting characters that you fall in love with and I couldn’t wait for his book. I was so happy when this one landed on my kindle and Alex didn’t disappoint. I adored him just as much as I knew I would.

Alex Evan’s is in the Army. He’s an amazing brother, son, and friend, but the last thing he wants to do is to help an army buddy out by going on a blind date. But he goes. The girl he happens to be set up with is named Sarai and he falls head over heels for her. It’s love at first sight for him, but she needs a little more time. Sarai is a busy lady and she’s focused on work and school. She doesn’t have time for a relationship, but Alex wears her down. Once Sarai gives in, these two fall hard and they fall fast for one another.

Alex is the best of the best. Seriously, there could not be a more perfect hero. He’s genuine, a great brother and friend, a kind and sweet man, and a romantic boyfriend. I couldn’t have loved him more. It took me a bit longer to warm up to Sarai, but I really liked her too. These two were a great match and though their romance moved quickly, it was believable. I mean, who would let a guy like Alex go?

This book was a lot lighter on the angst compared to some of the others, but it was still uber emotional and heartbreaking. My heart shattered for this couple. There is a lot of struggle toward the end, and I wish that there would have been more of a focus on the healing. The last 10% of the book felt a bit rushed to me, but aside from that, I loved it.

Family is such a strong point when it comes to these books. The support this family gives is huge. The problems this couple faces seem insurmountable at times, but love can truly conquer all. This series has been so great for me, and this was a nice addition. If you’re looking for an emotional read that’s full of heart and has a flawless hero, pick this one up.
 
   
“You’re the best decision I ever made”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon