Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christy's 2018 Favorites!


Here we go... TOP 18 of 2018!


   photo IMG_2716_zpsz9shamnd.png


#1- No Tomorrow by Carian Cole. I read this book last month after a friend recommended it to me saying it would be a book I would love (thanks, Jen!). Carian was a new to me author and I had no idea what to expect but OMG this book! It was intense, emotional, and just everything. I just bought the audio book today and I'm looking forward to doing a re-read soon!

#2- Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren. This is the best friends to lovers book I've ever read. It was so much fun and left me with the biggest smile. Rom coms aren't typically my favorites, but this book was so heartwarming and wonderful. I've read it twice and Josh and Hazel are my favorite couple of the year.

#3- In Harmony by Emma Scott. This is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read. Emma always writes heartbreaking reads that heal you and I can't get enough! I especially loved the theater storyline!

#4- Heartbreak Warfare by Heather M. Orgeron & Kate Stewart. This book gutted me. It was emotional and angsty and Heather & Kate cowrote it seamlessly. Another one that gave me all the feels and I loved it so much!

#5- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. This was the debut novel of the year for me. I'm always looking for more authors that write smart and sexy romance. This was unique, refreshing, and the writing was intelligent and fresh. Another book on my list that I've read more than once in 2018.

#6- Bad for You by J. Daniels. This was the first book to go on my favorites list. I read it very early in the year and it left a huge impact on me. Sean is my favorite kind of hero and I loved Shay as well. Sean's story had me bawling and I loved how hard Shay loved him and how she was willing to sacrifice for him. It was a story of healing, friendship, and also had a wonderful romance.

#7- Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata. This one blew me away. I started it one day and finished it the same day (and it's a long book) I could not put it down. I bow down to the queen of slow burn romance. Rip was perfection and I loved Luna!

#8- Player by Staci Brillhart. My new favorite Staci book (and I've read almost all of them). This one had me giddy. Sam and Val had the best friendship/relationship. I laughed and smiled so much but it also had the emotion I crave while reading. I loved it so much.

#9- Disgrace by Brittainy C. Cherry. I love ALL of Brittainy's books. I'm a certified fan girl. Disgrace is the one that touched me the deepest because it was relatable for me. This book has so much heart.

#10- Long Shot/Block Shot by Kennedy Ryan. I can't choose which one of these books I love more. Long Shot is so important and it was profound. It left me speechless and was intense. Block Shot had the best bad ass heroine of the year. Banner was my favorite female character and I loved Jared, too. Everything Kennedy writes is addicting and has a great message.

#11- Beautiful Hearts Duet by Emma Scott. Emma made it on my list twice because everything she puts out is a favorite. This is the duet of the year. It gave me all the feels and kept me on the edge of my seat.

#12- The Simple Wild by KA Tucker. This is my new favorite from this author. I loved the original plot and character driven story. It took place in Alaska and I felt like I was there. Jonah and Calla were amazing, and so were the side characters. It was a stunning read.

#13- The Legacy by Dylan Allen. This is probably the sexiest book on my list. Hayes and Confidence burned the pages up. But it was so much more than just a steamy read. It was captivating, passionate, and gripping. Just the right amount of drama and feels!

#14- Trailer Park Heart by Rachel Higginson. Another new to me author I, I read this book just last week and fell hard for it. A single mom, a hero who's carried a torch for her since high school comes back to town. This couple had the best banter and this book kept me up way past my bedtime reading. I loved it!

#15- Unforgivable by Isabel Love. I've read this book so many times and each time I read it, I love it more. This book hit me right in the feels and checked off all my love buttons. It's a slow burn, brothers best friend, friends to lovers, and I can't recommend it enough!

#16- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover. Cue all the sobbing. This evoked so much emotion. Unforgettable, unputdownable, and so many feels.

#17- A Nordic King by Karina Halle. This one was sweet, angsty, and sexy. It was fun and light, yet emotional and heavy in a way. The perfect forbidden romance. Karina's writing is always amazing and this is one of my favorites she's written.

#18- Down to You by Jayne Frost. Jayne is another new to me author this year. I've read all of her books and have enjoyed them all, but this one was epic. The best rock star read I've read in a long time. I love broken characters that heal together and that is Tori and Logan. I loved everything about this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon