Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating is LIVE! And a 5+ star FAVORITE!


Hazel Camille Bradford knows she’s a lot to take—and frankly, most men aren’t up to the challenge. If her army of pets and thrill for the absurd don’t send them running, her lack of filter means she’ll say exactly the wrong thing in a delicate moment. Their loss. She’s a good soul in search of honest fun.

Josh Im has known Hazel since college, where her zany playfulness proved completely incompatible with his mellow restraint. From the first night they met—when she gracelessly threw up on his shoes—to when she sent him an unintelligible email while in a post-surgical haze, Josh has always thought of Hazel more as a spectacle than a peer. But now, ten years later, after a cheating girlfriend has turned his life upside down, going out with Hazel is a breath of fresh air.

Not that Josh and Hazel date. At least, not each other. Because setting each other up on progressively terrible double blind dates means there’s nothing between them...right?
 





CHRISTY'S REVIEW: 

5+ stars!!!

   photo IMG_1792_zpszzkxjtrl.png


I've read several of Christina Lauren books and I can say with the utmost confidence that this is their best book to date. It's by far my favorite of theirs. There wasn't one thing I didn't love about it. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating is the epitome of opposites attract. It's one of the best friends to lovers story I've ever read and I loved it so much!! I have no doubt it will be one of my favorite reads of 2018.

Hazel Bradford is a bit of a weirdo, and I mean that in the best way possible. She knows she can be a lot to take, she gets it. She's fun, loud, a little crazy and a lot of amazing. When she meets Josh Im in college, she's got a bit of a crush, but Josh seems to be right there in the middle of all her embarrassing moments. Josh is very much the opposite of Hazel. He's mellow, cool, calm, and collective.

 
   
“I realize that finding the perfect person isn’t going to be easy for me because I’m a lot to take,” she says, “but I’m not going to change just so that I’m more datable.”
 

Fast forward years after college and Hazel becomes besties with a girl named Emily. She soon finds out that Emily is Josh Im's sister. Josh and Hazel are back in each other's lives and Hazel is determined that they become best friends. Josh is at a place where he could use a best friend, so even as different as these two are, they end up spending all their free time together and this unlikely pair just clicks.

I loved reading about these two together. They were perfect. You could feel the attraction under the surface, the friendship, and the love. They had so many adventures and crazy (non)dates with others that just made me laugh out loud. I think what I loved the most is that Josh loved Hazel for who she was, crazy and all. He never wanted her to change or calm down, he just accepted her. It was a beautiful thing.

I laughed and smiled so much while reading this book and it gave me the best heartwarming feels. This story was everything. These types of books aren't usually my favorites, as I lean towards books that are more heavy and emotional, but this one hit the spot for me. It was exactly what I wanted and I loved every single second.

As you can probably tell from my raving review, I highly recommend this book. I could not have loved it more if I wanted to. Hazel and Josh were both such endearing and fantastic characters and I loved their connection and chemistry. If you're looking for a book that will give you a permanent smile, one that will make your heart so happy it could burst, and just a completely lovable friends to lovers book, pick this one up. You won't regret it!


   photo IMG_1793_zpssib1sam9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon