Sunday, August 12, 2018

REVIEW: The Chase by Elle Kennedy!


THE CHASE 
(Briar U, Book 1)

Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.
And that his best friend has a crush on me.
And that I just moved in with them.
Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?
I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?
He knows where to find me.


CHRISTY'S REVIEW: 
   photo IMG_1818_zpscf5yaf5j.png


Elle Kennedy is one of my favorite new adult authors, so when I saw she was coming out with a new series, I couldn't wait. I was especially excited when I heard the hero would be Fitzy- AKA Collin Fitzgerald. Fitzy is a character from her Off-Campus series, but it's not necessary to read those first (even though you should because they're EPIC).

Summer Heyward-Di Laurentis is Dean's little sister. She's beyond wealthy and is starting a new school. Briar. Due to some unfortunate choices she made at her last school, she is in need of some roommates last minute. Luckily, her big brother Dean has some friends from his hockey team she can room with. Unlucky- one of them is Fitzy, the guy she's had a crush on since the first moment she met him.
 
   
Fitzy is short for Colin Fitzgerald, and he just happens to be THE UNICORN. The tall, sexy, tattooed, hockey-playing unicorn of a man who I might have a teeny-weeny itsy-bitsy crush on. Okay, fine. A big motherfucking crush on. He’s so…magical.
 

Fitzy is not Summer's normal type. He's a hockey player covered in tattoos who spends all his free time on art and video games. Though he is insanely attracted to Summer, he's not sure about her. He knows her type. The rich, gorgeous and full of 'fluff' and drama type. But here is the thing about Summer- she may be rich and beautiful, but she is so much more that that. Surprisingly enough for me, Summer was my favorite part of this book.

As much as I loved Fitzy, there were moments I wanted to throttle him. He really irked me, especially the first half or so of the book.  I hated how he made it seem like everything about Summer was drama, when that wasn't the case. I was so freaking happy when he started to truly see her for the woman she was, I just wish it wouldn't have taken him so long!

I love hockey books and new adult books, and not many authors write either as good as Elle Kennedy. This book was fun, sweet, sexy, and emotional. Exactly how I like them! I'm not sure whose book is next in this series, and I don't really care to be honest. I can't wait to read it no matter who it's about! Bring on more Briar U books!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Christy,

    Hope you are doing good. You have got an amazing blog here, loved it. I know you are largely a lover of romance books but, I am writing to you today, looking for an honest review of my suspense, thriller, sci-fi story-book "Time Crawlers", published on June 14, 2018, via Kindle Direct Publishing. The book is 118 pages long.
    Alien Invasion, Dark Artificial Intelligence, Time-Travel, High-Tech Hindu Mythology, Djinn Folklore, Telekinetics and life-consuming Cosmic Entities are some major themes in my book which has 6 tightly-knit, fast-paced Sci-Fi stories.

    Your precious words would be a very big help to me and would enable me to write better books in the future. Please let me know if you would be willing to share your valuable review. I will share the PDF or MOBI as required by you.

    Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DRPPGK6
    Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40540847-time-crawlers

    Do you think this book would interest you? Please let me know.

    Very Respectfully,
    Varun Sayal

    ReplyDelete

BBU - Coming Soon