Monday, September 11, 2017

Temporary by Sarina Bowen!


The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...

The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants.

And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to take control of his uncle’s estate.

I can’t afford either one. I’m the only thing standing between my little sister and the foster care system. He may have money and charm on his side, but I have something even more powerful -- pure desperation. This temp job at his mother’s company can become a full time job for me. It has to.

But when Callan’s eyes rake over my body, sometimes I forget my obligations. His piercing gaze finds the fun, optimistic girl I used to be and not the tired person I’ve become.

And it works--if only for a moment. Our night together was a mistake. I can't afford to get sucked into his high-powered family’s treachery. But the closer I get to Callan, the more layers I find beneath those expensive clothes. Though I can’t forget this is temporary. He’s temporary. I have too much to lose.

Too bad my foolish heart didn’t get the memo...
 

➜ Amazon: http://geni.us/TEMamazon 
➜ iBooks: http://geni.us/TEMibooks 
➜ Kobo: http://geni.us/TEMkobo 

Christy's Review: 

4 stars!!!

   photo 21192445_10104108786371048_8210226901113450029_n_zps8p9lv8y2.jpg


When reading a book that’s co-written, I love when you can’t tell who wrote what. When the flow is so great, you would never know. That is how Temporary was. Sarina Bowen is one of this authors I will always read. I love her work. Sarah Mayberry is a new to me author. I thought they did a fantastic job with this book. I’m already looking forward to more from this duo!

Grace is working for a temporary agency hoping to land a permanent job. It’s important to her to find steady work. She’s young and living in NYC, but most importantly, she’s raising her teenage sister, so she’s not just supporting herself. When a temp job comes up that could offer her a permanent job with a company, she jumps at the chance. She’s got to do a good job and prove herself, and then maybe she can get a more stable income.

While Grace is working, she meets Callan. Oh Callan. Callan is a hunky Australian guy who comes to the estate Grace is auditing, as the estate is Callan’s uncles. Callan and Grace have immediate chemistry, but Grace is pretty focused on her work. Or at least she tries to be… Callan is pretty irresistible to her.

 
 
Don’t get used to it. This is only temporary…

Callan and Grace’s temporary tryst turns in to more with time… but there are a lot of complications surrounding them.

Temporary was a book I didn’t want to put down. There was never a dull or boring moment. I loved the premise of the story and both of the main characters. I loved the build up, the emotional parts, and of course, the steam. It also was a lot of fun to read. Definitely recommend this book to lovers of cont. romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon