Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: Focus on Me

Focus on Me Focus on Me by Megan Erickson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am new to Megan Erickson - I don't know what rock I've been hiding under. But Trust the Focus was my first book by this author and I loved it!

What I loved about this book:
- The writing. OMG. The writing is so easy for me to read. The story is mainly told from Colin's POV, but we get tidbits of Riley's POV via e-mails to Landry (from Trust the Focus). This is so clever (the e-mails) as it not only gives us some of Riley's thoughts, but it also connects the main characters from the first book in the series to these characters.

- Colin. I love Colin. We have all had feelings of failure, of self doubt and of wanting to prove our worth. I could totally relate to Colin. Love his loyalty.

- Riley. Riley has demons and I kept wracking my brain trying to figure out what exactly was going on with him from the start. I don't want to spoil anything, but I just wanted to reach into the book and hug Riley.

These two characters have great chemistry and despite Riley not being in a position to want a relationship, he can't help but be pulled to Colin.

But you get way more than great sex and chemistry in this book.

It deals with very real issues. I love it when authors bring real life issues that no one wants to talk about into a book.

There is angst in this book.

I laughed. I cried. I was rooting for a HEA for these characters and I loved every minute of it.

I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. oh great review for this one!! I just love this author but have yet to read this book yet. But its getting bumped up my list for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

BBU - Coming Soon