Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Random & Rare by Cat Porter



Christy's 4.5 star review! 


   photo 0529f19a-a86e-47be-b73c-f04ed81a4fe4_zpswvv4ugm3.jpg


Lock & Key was one of my favorite biker books of 2014. I love Cat Porter’s writing, I loved that the hero/heroine were a little older, and most of all I loved getting into Grace’s past story. The majority of Random & Rare IS that story. It’s the story of Dig and Grace. And it’s told from Dig’s pov.

   photo 5b2ca751-b5c5-4f73-9420-a16c54d95c10_zps5mdrgq1w.jpg


Dig was one of my favorite characters in the first book. I adore Miller, don’t get me wrong. But Dig is something special. Seeing his relationship with Grace, the things leading up to it was great. What I really loved was how loyal he was. I know being a biker tests you when it comes to doing the right thing/fidelity, and Dig always seemed to pass the test. No matter what other women came his way, deep down he knew that Grace was special and that she was the only woman for him.

   photo 8ebb336e-7dd0-4e3f-b545-7efc92306299_zpswble8lqd.jpg


Dig’s part of the story was probably the first 65%. It was most definitely my favorite part. The last bit takes place in the present. It starts off where Lock & Key left off. With Miller and Grace.

Grace is going through a hard time. For personal reasons, I could completely sympathize to how she was feeling.

   photo 0be62997-c22e-459c-852e-676df10ba1f4_zps1zce6p4z.jpg


Grace should be the happiest woman alive. After losing everything that ever mattered to her many years ago, she finally is at a good place. She has a man. A man that means the world to her. After losing  Dig, she never thought she would have that again. But Miller is all that and more. I don’t want to go into all their issues, but I really felt for Grace and what she was going through. I thought it was the most special thing that everything came full circle for them. And I feel like that was all Dig…

   photo 10625820-ad80-4760-a74b-803d914a2f6e_zpselhanuid.jpg


This series is a real win if you’re looking for a great set of biker books. They have a perfect mix of steam, emotion, action, grit and suspense. They also have a lot of love and devotion. You will adore all these characters. And the writing is really top notch. Thought it was painful and emotional to read at times, the ending left a big smile on my face. This is a book and a series I would highly recommend.

   photo 002713cd-2540-4803-b1c5-89ee76dfb736_zps9lop6wyq.jpg





No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon