Saturday, June 21, 2014

5 Stars for FLAT-OUT CELESTE by Jessica Park

Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 #amazingstars!


   photo ab09d26e-2017-4488-8e6e-9cd2ca068a90_zpsef0df0e1.jpg


 

    ‘We all have something. All of us. Every single person in this world has a quirk.’


Flat-Out Celeste is an incredible story. Once again, this author was wowed me with her amazing characters and flawless story telling abilities. If you’ve read Flat-Out Love (and if you haven’t, you need to right away), you know and love Celeste. I think she was everyones favorite character in that book. I know she was mine. I love the way she talks, acts and carries herself.

Celeste is at a new stage in her life. She’s a senior in high school and about to take the plunge, leave home and go to college. Before she does that, she feels she needs to make some changes in her life.
 
I refuse to be left behind in this world, so I need to catch up.

She does some hilarious things to try to fit in... she’s a bit of a character. During this process, she gets an email from a college sophomore named Justin. He is a rep from Barton College and he starts email Celeste about the school. They develop a sweet and fun friendship. I love Justin and Celeste together.

   photo 5a02fec9-1c22-433f-8dba-80f9dd30818c_zps8f798810.jpg


 
“I’m going to kiss you. And I better do a good job because I want you to like it.”


“I feel quite sure that I will.”


“How could you know that?”


“Because it’s you.”

Celeste is such an endearing character. She’s quirky, intelligent and brave. Justin is backwards in the most adorable way. He’s sweet, rambles when he talks and is clumsy as can be. He is completely 100% lovable. I like how they are both a little odd in different ways, but neither one is bothered by the other. Those quirky qualities they both harbor are engaging to one another.
 
“I have social difficulties. I do not always read situations properly. Or, more correctly, I do not always read people properly.”


“Maybe people don’t read you properly.”


“That is a generous way to see me.”


“It’s the only way to see you.”

This is a story that left a permanent grin on my face. I couldn’t stop from smiling all day. I loved the emails and texts, the coffee designs, drunk Matty, I could go on and on about what I loved about this book, because I basically loved it all!

Celeste has always been a favorite of mine, and I love her more than ever now. And don’t get me started on Justin. He was perfection. He was able to see the real Celeste. He liked her for who she was and only wanted her to see herself through his eyes. To be able to help her and be there for her.
 
Sometimes you need someone else to believe in you, to carry you, until you can carry yourself. Let me carry you.


   photo eb4ef9b1-be13-4030-933e-4634becb4f76_zps7f1a56b7.jpg

‘There is magic in diversity. Without the Celestes, the world wouldn’t go round.’

Jessica Park is one of the most talented authors out there. I feel like every book of hers I read goes straight to my favorites shelf. I have high hopes that Ms. Park will keep writing this series... I don’t want it to end. I want to live in the world she’s created with these extraordinary characters forever.

Flat-Out Celeste is a magical journey following two of the most interesting characters I’ve had the pleasure of reading about. It’s about accepting yourself for who you are, loving the person you were meant to be and realizing we’re all a little bit different but staying true to who you are is the most important thing in life. It’s a story of love, friendship, and living life to the fullest. A truly delightful story you won’t want to miss out on!
 
“You’re a lifesaver, Celeste.”



“No, you are my lifesaver, Justin.”

   photo f5e0259a-61f8-4fa8-9179-52b2551aa43a_zps67b95541.jpg

“I am choosing a love that defies boundaries and a life that defies boundaries. That is the power of Celeste.

View all my reviews




AMAZON- BUY
GOODREADS- ADD

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon