Monday, October 28, 2013

Seductive Shadows (Shadows, #1)Seductive Shadows by Marni Mann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 kept me on my toes stars!

I was contacted by the publisher on my blog asking if I could read and review Marni Mann's series. Even though I over-booked myself I accepted because the synopsis looked intriguing. And I'm so glad I did! I got more than I thought I would out of this story!

Charlie is living in the shadows, her mother Lily has always treated her horribly and now she is dying. She is her only family after her best friend Emma was killed in an accident.

While working the late shift she is contacted by a woman for a job offer. But this isn't a typical job offer, it's for a brothel at a mansion! After her mother took out credit cards in her name she had to figure out a way to repay the debt so she accepted the job.

Right about the time that she starts working at the mansion some good comes into her life. Charlie lets all the darkness out in her paintings, and her professor sees something in her and connects her with Cameron. Cameron was once also a dark and damaged person, so Charlie is drawn to him.

This leads to some pretty steamy non sex scenes. The buildup is intense and even I needed relief!! Cameron helps her with her painting, and her professor gets her set up at a gallery and she sells her paintings and has offers for more.

This is where the plot takes a twist and I'm literally sitting with my jaw on the floor. This was about 68% in the story, and it becomes an intense read from that point on. I couldn't stop reading because I HAD to know what was going to happen next.

This book is very well written, has hot sex scenes, as well as steamy non sex scenes. It is highly recommended by me! Now I'm off to start the next one Seductive Secrecy, that will be out on the 24th of October.



View all my reviews

































Seductive Secrecy (Shadows, #2)Seductive Secrecy by Marni Mann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review to come

I really enjoyed Seductive Shadows(book 1), but I devoured this one! Marni really upped her game in book 2. There was some twists and turns that had me lifting my jaw off the floor. If an author can make my heart beat faster in anticipation and hurt when the characters hurt, that author is doing a fantastic job. That is exactly what happened with Seductive Secrecy.

The story picks up where Seductive Shadows leaves off, except without all the details from the trial, but to me that's a good thing. Marni gives us the details we need as the story progresses. I was all tangled up with my emotions while reading this book, I cried at some parts, poor Charlie and her past come creeping up on her and Cameron. And it's a hell of a twist let me tell ya! I DID NOT see that one coming at all.

"Where there is love, there is no darkness."

Something that intrigued me in the story was how much Cameron loved "eating" Charlie. I think this happens about 20 times in the story. He couldn't get enough from "down there". But she managed to keep it fresh and not repetitive. The sex is actually pretty damn hot!!

I give the highest rating possible for this story, and how well Marni let the story play out. 5 beautiful stars! Keep it coming Marni and I'll keep reading!

View all my reviews






Author Links

Facebook

Amazon Author Page

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon