Thursday, September 10, 2015

5+ stars to Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras



Meet Mia and Jensen in Paper Hearts.  
This beautiful standalone contemporary romance by Claire Contreras is NOW LIVE!  #ClaireWrites


Grab your copy at: 


Blurb

I lost her. 
No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away. 
She was my best friend. 

I was never supposed to fall in love with her. 
I was careless. 
She was heartbroken. 

I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place. 
And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.

Christy's 5+ star review! 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5+ stars!

   photo C09930B3-AFF9-4117-AD6A-7DDC898F199E_zpsngccdo0y.jpg


After reading this story, I am blown away. I had a feeling I would love this book. I love all Claire’s books. She writes with so much feeling and emotion, I can’t help but to fall in love with her stories. Paper Hearts left me with such a book hangover. I’ve read a few books since and it’s still on my mind. I highlighted more in this book than any other. Pages and pages of quotes. I can’t rave enough about this gorgeous story. Every chapter was special- every page, every word. It was all beyond incredible. I loved Mia, Jensen, and their second chance romance so much!


   photo 7DE77360-2896-4765-BEFD-FF20125B0617_zpsnn3efmcj.jpg


When Jensen and Mia were younger, they were inseparable. They were in love. A real and true forever kind of love. When Jensen went off to college, things changed. He made one choice that changed both of their lives forever. It’s been years since the two of them were a couple. Since they were best friends and the most important person to the other. Now they’re in the same city again, and old feelings come to the surface.


   photo 02BDD5AE-E262-4E73-B106-37374B89A8FE_zps3mk3cu47.jpg


Jensen knows the mistake he made was huge, but he wants another chance with the only woman he’s ever truly loved. He wants Mia. As much as Mia tries to deny it, Jensen is still the only man she’s truly loved. But how do you move forward and forgive someone that shattered your heart? It’s not easy, but it may be possible…

 
   
“You can keep walking away from this, and I’m going to keep letting you, because even when you think you leave, your heart always stays, and it’s something I carry with pride.”
 


   photo FB70614C-2656-42CB-BBC8-90640D2C1AD6_zpsgvmfkyzs.jpg


Mia and Jensen were both amazing characters. After reading Torn Hearts, I wasn’t sure if I could ever 100% forgive Jensen or move on from that. It hurt my heart- I can’t even imagine trying to forgive and move past something like that. Any time I wanted Mia to give the poor guy a break, I remembered how I felt when I read that scene… and I completely sympathized with her. When it comes down to it, Jensen was not perfect. He made one choice and had to live with the consequences. He more than made up for that decision. He was incredibly romantic when it came to Mia.  His writing in the story was wonderful.

 
    “Some say I loved her to the point of madness, bordering on obsession… Perhaps they’re all right. Perhaps they’re all right. Perhaps I am mad. And if that’s the case, to be frank, I don’t give a damn. What I know is that she sets me on fire… and I’d rather live my life in flames than be numb without her.”
 



   photo 0DE6EF3B-01CA-40C5-8CB9-D61C9CD58AAF_zpszga5otp7.jpg


Some of my most favorite parts of the book were those chapters that featured Jensen’s column. It was great to get in his head and see what he was thinking and feeling. I absolutely loved all his ‘thoughts’

 
My thought for today: be cautious with yourself.
Be cautious, because others will beat you down enough. You shouldn’t have to add to that pain. You will, though, because that’s what you do. But you’ll also get back up, because that’s what you do.
Aside from Mia and Jensen, it was great to catch up with the rest of the gang from KH. I especially loved Mia’s brother, Rob and her parents. They brought some much needed laughs to the story. And any scene with Olivia was also fantastic.

Paper Hearts is by far the most engaging, well-written and stunning story I’ve read this year. Claire’s writing is brilliant. This story moved me. It’s made it’s way to the very top of my favorites list and I can’t wait for everyone to read it and fall in love with Mia and Jensen just as I did!


   photo 2B67D23B-7F05-42F7-9B5F-4AD2059BD7A2_zpswnlbenzx.jpg


Author Information


Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She lives in Miami, Florida with her husband, two little boys, and three dogs. 

Her favorite past times are: daydreaming, writing, and reading. 

She has been described as a random, sarcastic, crazy girl with no filter. 

Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones. 

Stalk Her: Website | Facebook | Twitter


GIVEAWAY
$20 Amazon Gift Card (International)
Signed Paperback of Paper Hearts (US ONLY)



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon