Sunday, November 19, 2023

Review: After the Storm by Laura Pavlov

 

After the Storm (Cottonwood Cove, #5)After the Storm by Laura Pavlov
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


After the Storm was THE BOOK in this series I was waiting for. I mean, a grumpy single dad who's a vet and loves his daughter more than anything? Sign me up! I'm happy to report this one didn't disappoint. I loved it so much!

Cage has had one focus since the moment he found out he was going to be a dad. His daughter, Gracie. He hasn't been interested in relationships, that is, until the one that got away, Presley Duncan, comes back into town.

Presley and Cage were so in love when they were younger, but time and distance made things complicated between them and they ended up going their separate ways. But their love never died. The longing of this second chance romance... sigh. I adored these two together.

My favorite thing about this series is the Reynolds family bond, banter, and text thread. I had so much fun any time any of these scenes came up. Cage always makes me laugh the hardest. I loved that even though this book was emotional at times, it felt light too.

Though Georgia and Maddox's book still can't be topped for me, this one was a close second. Cage and Presley belong together and Gracie is the absolute sweetest. I loved her relationship with Presley. This entire series has been such a win for me. I can't recommend these books enough!
Audio book source: Book Funnel (ALC)
Story Rating: 5 stars
Narrators: Emma Wilder & Jacob Morgan
Narration Rating: 4.5 stars
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 8h 40m

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon