Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Review: Running Wild by KA Tucker

 

Running Wild (Wild, #3)Running Wild by K.A. Tucker

Christy's Review

IMG_4263

It feels so good to be back in K.A. Tucker’s ‘Wild’ world and back in Alaska. The third book in this series is about Marie Lehr, a veterinarian and Jonah’s best friend.

Marie is a small town vet in Alaska and she cares deeply about all animals. The way she meets our hero Tyler, well, let's just say they don’t start out on the right foot. Tyler is new to Alaska and is there for a purpose. He’s there for the sled racing. His dogs are impeccable and he doesn’t like Marie thinking otherwise. I loved the banter between these two at the start. I could feel the tension boiling between them.

When I read these books, I truly feel like I’m there in Alaska. Tucker does an incredible job describing the scenery and making you feel like you’re right there with the characters. I also found the Iditarod sled dog racing captivating. I’ve never read a book with something like that in it.

I was a bit surprised with how much I loved Marie. I had some ideas about her from the other books, but I feel like I understand her better now and she’s relatable to a lot of us in a lot of ways. And Tyler… gah! He was wonderful. I also loved getting to see so many of the characters from previous books I love so much!

This book started out a bit like enemies to lovers, then turned into more of a friends to lovers. It was a heartwarming slow burn romance that can be read as a stand-alone, but I can’t recommend the other books in this series enough! They’re all wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon