Monday, December 6, 2021

Review: Washed Up by Kandi Steiner

 


Read now in Kindle Unlimited!
It was just another day in the Emergency Department -- until she was wheeled in through the doors.

Amanda Parks, my childhood best friend's mom who I may or may not have secretly kissed before leaving for college.

I haven't seen her in over a decade, and in so many ways, she hasn't changed. 

Same killer curves.
Same hypnotizing eyes.
Same reaction from my heart when I see her.

But something new?
There isn't a ring on her finger anymore...
And I'm much more of a man than I was at eighteen.

Christy's Review:

I love a good age gap romance and it's been some time since I've read one with an older heroine/younger hero. This was a bit different from what Kandi normally writes, but it was still so good. I enjoyed it so much!

Amanda is in the process of getting divorced and restarting her life. At forty seven, she has an adult son, a terrible soon to be ex-husband, and was a stay at home wife/mother. Her first step is to go back to school and that's what she's doing.

Greg is an anesthesiologist at the hospital. Med school was a lot of work, but he's now back in his hometown/local high school and has been for two years. He's been here for 2 years and even though he has a great routine, it doesn't feel like home quite yet.

Everything is routine for Greg until he sees her. His biggest crush when he was a teenager, his high school best friend's mom, Amanda. What I loved most about this book is the friendship that Greg and Amanda developed. Before anything happened between them, you could just tell they were becoming each others best friends and it was so great.

Also, I loved watching Amanda change and grow. Even though she was older than Greg, she had a lot of growing to do and a lot of life to discover and live. These two were perfect together and the ending made me so happy! Another great Kandi Steiner read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon