Tuesday, July 20, 2021

LIVE: Waylaid by Sarina Bowen

 

It’s a tale as old as time: the bad boy meets the good girl. He makes a daring proposition. Then the boy gets a mysterious head injury and loses a year of his life…

The first time I meet Rickie, I don’t know what to make of him. The second time we meet, he doesn’t remember the six hours we spent together. Or standing me up afterward.

I’m not the same, either. I’ve got secrets. I’ve told lies. Bad boys aren’t my type, anyway. Even the ones with troubled gray eyes.

But now we’re roommates. Cue the awkward moments in the hallway when he’s wearing only a towel and a smile. He’s determined to win me over, and his talented hands weaken my resolve.

It’s all fun and games until my past rears its ugly head and his secrets come to light, shaking our fragile connection, maybe even breaking it…

Note: this is Daphne Shipley's story. Contents include Vermonty ice cream flavors, nerdy awkwardness, tattoos, and a playboy grandpa.


Christy's Review:

4.5 stars

I love Sarina Bowen’s ‘True North’ series and when I heard Rickie was getting his own book, I couldn’t wait. Then I realized his love interest was Daphne Shipley and I was even more excited!

Waylaid starts in the summer time while Daphane is home for the summer. Rickie is also there. Rickie is Dylan’s college roommate and decided to come and work at the Shipley farm for the summer. Daphane has met Rickie before, only he doesn’t remember. 

Daphane is switching to Dylan’s school and she’s keeping secrets from her family. Rickie has secrets as well. Secrets can’t stay secrets forever. And when they come out there is even more of a connection than these two thought. 

Rickie was such a fantastic character and definitely my favorite of the book. He’s been through so much and has his struggles, but he still managed to be lighthearted, sweet, and fun. I liked seeing Daphane’s story from her perspective. She’s the Shipley I liked least in some of the other books, but I like her much more now. Mostly, I really just loved these two together. 

I always love reading about the Shipley family and it was amazing to get to see more from some of my favorite characters. The romance between Rickie and Daphane was great and I even liked the bit of suspense and build up we got. Overall this one was very enjoyable and the audio was incredible- Callie Dalton and Zachary Webber killed it! Highly recommend 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon