Friday, January 15, 2021

Audio Review: Roommate by Sarina Bowen

 


Wanted: One roommate to share a 3-bedroom house, split the rent, and ideally not be the guy I can’t stop thinking about.  

I’m a man with too many secrets, so the last thing I need is a new roommate with a sexy smile and blue eyes that see right through me. Eight years ago, Roderick left town after high school. We’re not friends. I owe him nothing. But back then, I let one of my secrets slip, and he’s the only one who noticed. 

Part of me knows I should run far, far away. But the other part wants him to come upstairs and spend the night. But if I let him in, I could lose everything.

Seeking: a room to rent in town. I’m tidy, have no pets, and I will feed you homemade bread. 

I should probably add: Gay AF, and has no filter. It’s no wonder my new landlord is so wary of me. 

A smarter man would ignore those hot glances from Kieran Shipley. The broody lumberjack wants more from me than another fresh-baked pretzel. But if I push my luck, I’ll end up back on the street.

Too bad I’ve never been smart with my heart…


CHRISTY'S REVIEW



001(19)

“It’s not so terrifying to show people who you really are.”

I was so excited to read Roommates because not only does it have the Shipley family that I adore, but this is probably my favorite Sarina Bowen cover. Kieran Shipley's book has been teased for a while and I was so happy it was finally here. I loved this one!

Kieran Shipley is ready for a life change. He works part time at a bakery, part time at an advertising firm, and still helps his brother and dad with all the farm chores around the house. What he really needs is to move out. And that's exactly what he does. Only, he needs a roommate. He never expects it to be Roderick. He and Roderick have a bit of a past from high school, but they don't know each other well.

Roderick has moved home to Vermont after living in Nashville for many years. He's had a tough time lately, but working at the local bakery is exactly what he needs. Now, he just needs a place to live. He and Kieran become roommates first, and with time, friends. I loved watching them go from coworkers to friends, to more. Kieran is exactly the kind of guy Roderick needs and deserves and Roderick is the type of person Kieran needs to come out of his shell.

I love how this opposites attract story worked. These two were great together. I had such a huge smile on my face throughout the book and I couldn't help but to root for these two. I completely adored how the storyline with Kieran's family worked out, though I wasn't such a fan of the quick lived drama with Roderick's ex at the end.

Roommate was such a fantastic read for me. The audiobook narration was incredible. Teddy Hamilton and Stephen Dexter did an amazing job voicing both Kieran and Roderick. This was a beautiful romance and I highly recommend it!


Audio book source: Soundwise (audio arc)
Story Rating: 4.5 stars
Narrators: Teddy Hamilton and Stephen Dexter
Narration Rating: 5 stars
Genre: Romance
Length: 9 hours and 5 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon