Thursday, June 4, 2020

Review: Cheesy on the Eyes by Teagan Hunter!



Dating is hard. Dating in a small town? Impossible.

Leave it to my little brother to come back home announcing he knocked up his fiancée and the wedding has been moved…to next month.

When he tries to set me up with one of his football buddies, I tell him I’ll be bringing my own plus-one.

Only problem? I’m hopelessly single.

Enter Sullivan Scott, AKA my hero.

We strike a deal: he’ll pretend to be my boyfriend, and I’ll use my mechanic skills to help him fix his boat. That’s it. No funny business, and definitely no feelings involved.

Sully’s quiet and reserved, and I’ve been told I’m too much to handle on a good day. We’re opposites, and neither of us is looking for anything serious.

I’m certain we can keep this strictly platonic…
 



Christy's Review: 


description

Cheesy on the Eyes was such a fun, sweet, and enjoyable read. I think this is my favorite Teagan Hunter book to date, and it's definitely my favorite of the 'Slice' series.
 
It’s hard to find someone in general, especially after getting your heart eviscerated, but small-town dating? Damn do I have my work cut out for me.

Thea has lived in the same small town all of her life. She runs the family business and has a pro football player for a brother. After a bad breakup, she's been single. It's hard to find someone in a small town. Then she meets Sully. Sully helps her out of a pickle and gets roped into being her fake boyfriend.

I have loved Sully since we first met him in earlier books. He is for sure the best hero of this series... sigh. He's just so intuitive and amazing. Even though Sully and Thea were supposed to be fake and had rules in place to keep them that way, well... the rules were meant to be broken and they ended up falling for one another.

The fake dating troupe, if done right, is one of my absolute favorites. And it was done so right in this book! I loved that the fake dating turned into friendship, and then it turned friends to lovers. I adored both of these characters and their story. It was also great to catch up with the rest of the 'Slice' family. I'm sad that this series has come to an end. I've grown so attached to all these characters. But it went out with a bang and I couldn't be happier.

This book is funny, it's sexy, and it was just a blast to read. The ending felt just a bit rushed for me, but aside from that, it was pretty perfect. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fantastic rom-com/fake dating romance!

   
Take the leap. Enjoy the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon