Thursday, April 11, 2019

Review: Bad Boy Blues by Saffron A. Kent


BAD BOY BLUES by Saffron A. Kent
AVAILABLE NOW  

AMAZON UNIVERSAL: https://amzn.to/2D1Uk2V 

Read the first 2 chapters https://dl.bookfunnel.com/p4bqnhk15j
Cleopatra Paige hates one thing in this world -- just one -- and his name is Zachariah Prince.
In grade school, he pulled at her pigtails. In middle school, he spread false rumors about her. And in high school, he ruined her prom.
She hates that his smirks are unfairly sexy. And she definitely loathes that his dark eyes seem to follow her everywhere. Sometimes, even in her dreams.
It doesn’t matter that he’s rich and popular or that he lives in a freaking mansion full of butlers and maids. He’s rude and arrogant, and she wants to stay as far away from him as possible.
But unfortunately for Cleo, she lives in the same freaking mansion as Zach.
Only he’s the prince and she’s the lowly maid who serves him.


Christy's Review: 
   photo C687F0ED-CAA3-4E65-BB0E-724D2D53778B_zpsbr6wyysd.png


Saffron A. Kent writes the kind of books that slowly pull you in. I’m always so impressed with her writing. I forget how good it is until I’m into one of her stories and can’t stop reading. Her writing is lyrical and will completely draw you in. Bad Boy Blues is an enemies to lovers story that focuses on bullying and is also a forbidden romance.

Cleo and Zach are enemies. Cleo is bullied by Zach and his friends all through school, but she never took it lying down. Cleo always stood up for herself. Fast forward three years after she’s graduated and she works for Zach’s family, one of the only available jobs in the town she’s in. It’s okay, though. Zach left after graduation and never looked back. Only now, he’s back.

    
“You haven’t changed a bit, have you? I bet you still think you own the world.” He shakes his head, slowly, dangerously. Hypnotically. “I don’t give a fuck about the world. But I do own you.” Fully knowing that it might make my situation worse, I scoff. “You’ll never own me. Not now. Not ever.” “Is that a challenge, Blue?”
 
Sure, these two hate each other, but there is so much sexual tension between them, it’s insane. And there really is a fine line between love and hate…

As with every book by this author, there were parts of the romance I loved and parts that I didn’t love, but overall it was so wonderfully written and all consuming and I enjoyed it a lot. This couple… they were a mess at times. It was hard to root for them at certain parts of the book, but by the end I was so happy they made it work.

 
“I did love you through all of that. My hate for you was just a kind of love that was angry and lonely and bruised.”

Cleo is a strong heroine. She’s got a backbone, takes no crap, and has a big heart. Zach is a bully, yes, and even though there is never a good reason to bully someone I could sympathize with his family situation and why he was the way he was. By the end, I feel like he completely redeemed himself and was everything Cleo could ever want or need in a partner. They truly did love each other something fierce.


If you love bully/enemies to lovers romance with a kick-butt heroine and a jerk of a hero who turns out to be rather swoonworthy, pick this one up! It’s angsty, beautifully written and smokin’ hot! Recommened for people who love the bully troupe, think books like Viscous or Bully!

 

She calls me a prince and herself, Cinderella. I agree. She’s my Cinderella. Except in our story, Cinderella saves the prince.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon