Thursday, January 24, 2019

Audio Review: Like the Wind by J. Bengtsson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4 stars

   photo IMG_2995_zpshlexmkql.png


Like the Wind is the first book I've read from J. Bengtsson and I really enjoyed it. I listened to the audio book and it was narrated by two of my absolute favorites, Callie Dalton and Zachary Webber.

Breeze is a hairdresser who has horrible luck when it comes to love. Bodhi is famous musician who has found out some family news that shocks him to his core. One weekend while Bodhi is getting away and Breeze is house/animal sitting, they go through something together. This something puts them on a path. It turns into a bit of a road trip and a lot of fun for the two of them. They meet, become friends, and in a short time start to really fall for one another.

Bohdi and Breeze go through something traumatic together and I think it makes their bond and connection even stronger than it would have been if they'd met under normal circumstances. I loved these two together. They complimented each other perfectly. Bodhi was amazing, but Breeze was actually my favorite character of the book. She had the biggest heart and I completely adored her. Her parents were hilarious as well! By the end, I even liked Bodhi's dad.

This was a quick listen that had some laughs, a bit of angst, and a lot of heart. I loved both of the main characters and this nice spin on rock start with an average girl. Like the Wind was definitely worth the listen and I'm sure I'll be checking out more from this author soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon