Friday, November 9, 2018

5+ Stars to Heartbreak Warfare









Title: Heartbreak Warfare

Authors: Heather M. Orgeron & Kate Stewart

Genre: Contemporary Military Romance

Release Date: November 2, 2018







Blurb




Briggs,

Remember when I said we couldn’t speak after parting ways in Germany? It was
the day I broke your heart. What you didn't know was that I was breaking mine
too.

I thought they’d be enough–my husband and my son. That I’d get home and
everything would go back to the way it was . . .

Before the war.
Before the ambush.
Before you.

But, no matter how hard I try, I can’t erase the trauma we shared. I can’t seem
to forget the way my heart beat in time with yours.

The truth is I’m lost without you.

I thought the nightmare was over when they pulled us from that hole in the
ground, but nothing could have prepared me for the war I’d face at home.
I know it’s selfish of me to ask, but, please, I have to see you one last time.
. .

All my love,
Scottie 


















Purchase Links



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Free in Kindle Unlimited










Christy's 5+ Star Review:

   photo IMG_2158_zpszgknfgh3.png


After reading this story all I could think was WOW. What an epic book. And hello feels. This story was everything. It gave me all the feels, moved me, was crazy angsty, heartfelt, and a true masterpiece. Kate Stewart is one of my favorite authors, and I’ve never read Heather M. Orgeron before, but what a duo they make! The writing was truly top notch and the story was unique, intense, and moving.

Katy is a soldier. She’s leaving her husband and son for a tour, even though it’s the last thing she wants to do. It’s her duty. She’s there with her best friend, which should make things easier, but it’s rough for her. She misses her family. After some time, she and her bestie Mullins make friends with a group of guys. Briggs is one of those guys. He’s fun and flirty, but just a friend. It’s war and the unthinkable happens. Everyone in that groups life is forever changed.

This story is complicated. It’s impossible at times. It’s real, raw, heartbreaking and gut wrenching. It’s in an area of gray. There aren’t clear lines. Anyone who can find fault in these characters after what they’ve been through… the connection you share when you go through something like they went through- it’s unbreakable. There is no fault. And I’m being intentionally vague because this is a book you need to read for yourself, feel for yourself.
 
   
“I know you, Scottie. . .” His voice breaks as he shakes his head in disbelief. “I know you.”



   photo IMG_2159_zpsyk8lehwc.png


This was a hard book for me to read. It actually has topics I hate reading about... but you have to trust me when I say, read it anyway. Even if you aren’t a huge lover of angst, even if you don’t like ‘love triangles’, read it. I feel like everything worked out the way it was supposed to, even though it wasn’t an easy path. It was the only path.

Kate and Heather wrote this book flawlessly. Honestly, there wasn’t one point I could tell it was written by two different authors. It’s told from three different view points (you most definitely need all three) and there is no way I could pick out who wrote what. I love when authors collaborate so seamlessly.

Heartbreak Warfare is angsty, it’s emotional, it’s a book that gutted me. It’s unputdownable and truly brilliant. I know for sure this book will be in my top favorites this year. I can’t see much topping it. Even though this was not an easy read, it’s a book that needs to be read! 5+ stars!
 
   
There are only two things in life I’m sure of. My love of this country and my love for you.



   photo IMG_2160_zps7tvvudxx.png



Heather M. Orgeron


Heather M. Orgeron is a Cajun girl with a big heart and a passion for romance. She married her high school sweetheart two months after graduation and her life has been a fairytale ever since. She’s the queen of her castle, reigning over five sons and one bossy little princess who has made it her mission in life to steal her Momma’s throne. When she’s not writing, you will find her hidden beneath mounds of laundry and piles of dirty dishes or locked in her tower(aka the bathroom) soaking in the tub with a good book. She’s always been an avid reader and has recently discovered a love for cultivating romantic stories of her own.







Kate Stewart




A Texas native, Kate Stewart lives in North Carolina with
her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy,
angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic
suspense because it's what she loves as a reader.



Kate is a lover of all things '80s and '90s, especially John Hughes films and
rap. She dabbles a little in photography, can knit a simple stitch scarf for
necessity, and on occasion, does very well at whiskey.














No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon