Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review: Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Atheists Who Kneel and Pray

   photo 19894649_10103972459092008_8890948586855305670_n_zpss1bii6ls.jpg

David’s religion is love.

Yara’s religion is heartache.

Neither is willing to surrender, but religion always requires sacrifice.
Romance lovers rejoice! Tarryn Fisher has taken a bit of a hiatus when it comes to writing romance, but she is back with Atheists Who Kneel and Pray! Fisher has a style that is all her own. Her words are poetic, profound, and make you think and feel. This love story was a complicated one, but it was still very much a love story.

David is a musician. Yara is his muse. Their love story isn’t a typical one. It started off a little slow for me, but once it picked up, I couldn’t put it down. It was stressful to read, heartbreaking at times, and made my heart pound and had me biting my nails to the quick. Angst lovers will devour this. I fell in love with the words. With Yara and her brokenness. And the words. It bears repeating, I fell in love with the words. My copy of AWKAP was highlighted all over the place because the words were everything.

Sometimes, love is painful. Sometimes, love really does hurt. The path to a happy ever after isn’t boy and girl meet, fall in love, and live the hea. It’s so much more than that. Sometimes it hurts.

“There is no moving on when you’re truly in love. You try and you keep trying, but that love is a stain on your life. It’s just not that easy.”
I love that every book Tarryn Fisher writes is uniquely hers. She doesn’t write typical books or cookie cutter romances. She writes from her heart, and it shows. Her characters are seriously flawed, real, and complex. Atheists Who Kneel and Pray was unpredictable, emotional, and angsty. It’s a book that will stay with me.


   photo 19905126_10103972459121948_3030068320434033854_n_zpsooeucwp9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon