Thursday, January 29, 2015

4 stars for Three Brother's by Nicole Williams



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
4 ‘Cursed’ stars!

   photo 11220e66-8b08-4720-b842-7f99d68bf2dd_zpse910f1fd.jpg



“We don’t get to choose how we die, but we get to choose how we live.”
 

One thing I can say about Three Brothers is that it is not your average NA/romance book. It’s got a unique story line. I haven’t read anything quite like it. And I love finding that in a book. Finding that story that makes me emotional, makes me feel, AND is not your run of the mill story. That is something special and it doesn’t happen nearly enough! This is not just a romance. It’s a story of coming home, a story of finding yourself, letting go, forgiving and moving forward.

Scout just finished Veterinarian school. After being gone seven years, she’s coming home. Home to a place where four different, but equally important men are. One is like a father to her. One is like her big brother. One has always been her very best friend. And the other, well, it’s complicated.


   photo 5f319bd3-d8d6-4476-b59e-212fcce835aa_zps752a0c5b.jpg


It’s not been accidental that she’s been gone that long, someone has kept her away. But no more. She’s not letting what happened in the past control her future. She will deal with these Armstrong boys and then decide where her life will go, but no more running.

I really liked Scout a lot. I didn’t love that she left her best friend for so long, but I understood why she felt the need to do that. One of my biggest issues with this story and probably the main reason it wasn’t a five star read for me, is that I wanted more of Scout’s past. I wanted to know what led up to her coming to stay with the Armstrong boys when she was 13? It’s mentioned quickly towards the middle/end, but I wanted more.

I thought the relationship she had with all 3 boys was well done. Chase. She was able to help Chase heal and grow after suffering such loss. I loved Wolf. Conn. As tumultuous as their relationship was, in the end, she was able to give him the peace and forgiveness he needed. And then there is Chance. She was able to give Chance back his best friend.

So the question I know you’re all wondering is which Armstrong brother has her heart? Well… I guess you’ll have to read and find out!


   photo edeefb3f-7e90-471d-8eb4-8b6bc1726e39_zps0129d118.jpg


This is not a light and easy read. The entire book is centered around a death getting ready to take place, and a curse that is keeping the Scout and her love interest apart.  It’s been proven time and time again that the Armstrong men are cursed. All of their wives have met untimely deaths.

 
“Would you let yourself love someone if you were convinced it would be your love that would kill them?”

It was  an interesting spin. Just when things with the ‘curse’ started to fade a little, we were hit with a HUGE twist. One I didn’t see coming and induced a mini-panic attack. So readers, be prepared to be thrown for a loop!

Three Brothers is an emotional, beautiful and original story. It’s got a swoony hero, a lovely romance, and a lot of heart wrenching moments. I loved going on the journey that these characters took us. And most of all, I loved that they took a chance on love. That they would rather risk being together than not. That they decided to live every day to the fullest with one another, then living potentially safe lives apart. If you’re looking for a different type of love story, I would recommend this!


   photo d2e28275-9c54-4a2c-93fb-ffff5861ced8_zps66049a5c.jpg

 
   
“I’ve got you now. That’s all that matters. Right now, right here, you’re mine.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon