Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hothouse Flower by Krista & Becca Ritchie - Bella's Review

5 Fucking STARS!!!!!!!

I love this series.  Beyond words.  I've become so attached to these characters and all they've been through.  It's finally Daisy and Ryke's turn.  Hells yea.  This book couldn't come out fast enough!!!!

Krista & Becca give us alternating POV - this is my favorite style to read.  I love being in both of their heads.

Ryke starts off with a warning:

If you're easily offended by crude language and inappropriate talks, you've taken a wrong fucking turn somewhere......
I'm raw. 
I'm hard. 
I'm the thing you shy away from. 
So I'm warning you now.  Back away. 
Because once you enter my life, I won't ever let you leave. 

Ok, Ryke, how do I sign up for more?????  I love this character.  He comes across as an arrogant asshole.  And he is.  But he's so much more.  He's hot.  He's athletic.  He speaks at least 2 foreign languages fluently.  But he's also caring, protective and so effing sexy!  And he cares a lot about Daisy.

Daisy has a wild, carefree spirit.  But she, too, is more than meets the eye.  She's beautiful and she models.  But she is scared and tormented.   And no one knows this side of her...except for Ryke.  He's been there for her when she needed someone.  He makes her feel...safe.

"What are you doing?" he asks roughly.  His hands return to my head, making me realize that I'm smaller tan him.  It's hard finding guys taller than me, which is why I've gravitated towards models in the past. 
"Sleeping," I say with a smile. 
"When did I become your fucking pillow?" he asks lightly. 
"Shhh," I whisper, "it's safe here."

And Ryke is drawn to Daisy.  He's drawn to her light.


Despite them being drawn to each other, and pretty much a perfect match in every way, everyone has a problem with them being together.  They face so many obstacles: age, family, media attention.  But seriously, I wanted to reach into the book and smack them and say, "come on, DAMMIT!!!  You guys belong together!!!"  Gaaahhhh! So frustrating. 

When Daisy needs him the most, Ryke is there for her.  And pretty soon, they just can't fight it any more.  


Suffice it to say, I LOVE Ryke and Daisy as a couple. But, I ALSO love catching up with all the other characters.  The guys' banter is hilarous.

"Fuck you," I tell him easiy. 
He grins. "You love me."
"You say that to everyone," I tell him.  "And I highly fucking doubt the entire world loves you, Cobalt."
"The entire world doesn't have to love me," he says, picking up his water again.  "Only the ones that matter."
"That's cute. Did you write that in your diary this morning?"
"No, I read it from yours," he banters. 

The other thing about Daisy that needed to be resolved is her lack of being able to .....orgasm.  I knew that Ryke was going to rectify this situation.  Their chemistry is off the hooks.  Add that to the fact that they've wanted each other for years but they haven't been able to do anything just makes it all the more explosive.

"I don't understand how I can go from never having an orgasm to that," I whisper.  He must be a god.  A sex god.  And he's been sent to me from the heavens.

Ooooohhh yes.  Ryke finds Daisy's O.  Many, many times.  And I almost found mine just reading about it - hot, hot, HOT!!!!!

I love Ryke's use of the word FUCK.  Every time I hear that word, I think of him.

There are so many twists and turns in this book.  And I was completely sucked in from the start.  I remain addicted to this series and can't say enough good things about it.

You have to READ THIS BOOK!!!!!  It's a stand alone, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you start here.  You have to start at the beginning.  Here's the recommended reading order from Krista & Becca:

PHASE 1: (Lily & Lo)
#1: ADDICTED TO YOU
#1.5:  RICOCHET 
#2: ADDICTED FOR NOW

PHASE 2:  CALLOWAY SISTERS (Rose & Connor)(Daisy & Ryke)
spin-off: KISS THE SKY
spin-off: HOTHOUSE FLOWER 

PHASE 3: (Lily & Lo)
#2.5: THRIVE
#3: ADDICTED AFTER ALL

Please, please, please read these books.  I love them so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon