Sunday, July 27, 2014

For Fallon by Soraya Naomi

For Fallon (Chicago Syndicate, #1)For Fallon by Soraya Naomi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4-4.5 Stars!


   photo 44c66e1e-f753-4ccc-83ae-f3ca8786a8f5_zps66316d76.jpg


Perfect love does not exist. Love is one big imperfection.

What I love about the romantic thriller/romantic suspense genre is it’s not just a lovey-dovey romance. There’s always some action, mystery, suspense and plenty of heat. I like sweet, but I need some drama, some excitement and some grit. For Fallon had that. It was a love story, but it was also a story full of secrets, lies and betrayal.

Fallon lives with her best friend in Chicago. She works for a charity as a copyeditor and loves to read. One night, she’s out with her friend at a club. And she sees him. Fallon can’t take her eyes off this guy. They have a few interactions, then go their separate ways. That is until they coincidentally bump into one another the next day. Fallon learns mystery man’s name is Luca.

Luca is intrigued by Fallon, but he has a purpose for watching her in that club. For meeting her after. In his line of work, he often does this. But he’s supposed to stay out of sight. For some reason, with Fallon, he can’t. There is something about this girl that draws him in, and even though it isn’t the best idea, he asks her out.

   photo fc5ed485-63d8-45f7-9ebb-fbcc1c07b494_zps8cc6be6f.jpg


Fallon and Luca hit it off. With Fallon’s best friend moving for a job, she finds her self more alone and spending most of her free time with Luca. The first half of the story is a slow build. Getting to know the two main characters, what they're about, and watching their relationship develop.

The second half of the story was a whirl wind of excitement, action and suspense. It kept me fully invested and on the edge of my seat.  Luca’s job and lies start to catch up with him, but Fallon may not be as innocent as suspected either.

Even with the dual pov of both Luca and Fallon, there were things that still came out towards the end that had me going ‘OMG I can’t believe I missed that!’ I love when that happens in a story. I don’t like to be able to predict every little thing that happens, and that certainly wasn’t an issue here.

   photo 1060defd-95dc-4089-a3b6-ae1c6ea2e443_zps673e9c95.jpg

 
Redemption is not meant for men like me. Only a constant stream of retribution is what lies in my future.

Luca is my favorite type of hero. Possessive, protective, alpha, and has just a little bit of dark to him. He has it bad for Fallon. Even though he knows he shouldn’t go there, that he can’t have her, he doesn’t care. He is a man obsessed and consumed by his woman. He’ll do anything for her and I love that about him.


I’m breaking rule after rule. I’m taking too many chances. Everything I do is for her. For Fallon.



   photo 07aa1e20-8dd9-46dd-8b9d-0315224c426c_zps8443c989.jpg


What I really liked about Fallon is her strength. Even in this crazy situation, she didn’t cower or back down. She did whatever was necessary and best for her. She was also very relatable. With all that happens between Luca and Fallon, one thing is for certain. Things between them will never be the same.
   
In this vital moment, we stare at each other, both realizing our entire relationship has changed forever. Never will be go back to just being Luca and Fallon.


As I said before, there was lots of suspense and some action, but there was some love. And a good amount of steam.
 
He whispers dirty words in Italian as he takes me hard.



Mmmm. Yes please. Don’t get me wrong, I love lots of sexy times in my books, but this had a great balance. It didn’t overtake the story. I rated this a 4-4.5 instead of a 5 only because the beginning started off a little slow for me. Otherwise, I had no issues. It was a fantastic story!

For Fallon is a wonderfully written debut novel. If you like romantic thrillers, mafia type stories, action, mystery and steam- I would highly recommend.  I enjoyed reading and I’m very much looking forward to the sequel!

   photo bb01fc3e-ae0c-4288-9332-a380ba75b7ec_zpsd7e62c1e.jpg

I’m not deserving of her love, but I need it. I want it. I will not give up on us.

   photo fbfe5257-5c23-4da3-b325-31eaf8f2110a_zpsd0802295.jpg


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon