Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Front and Center by A.M. Madden




Warning: This book is meant for mature readers who are 18+. It contains explicit language, and graphic sexual content. 

Jack was a rock star on the way to fame. Leila was following her dream and joining his band as a back-up singer. An insane attraction sparked between them that they couldn’t deny. Attraction quickly led to so much more. They ignored all the warnings and fell in love. 

When the couple embark on their tour, they couldn’t be more excited to travel the country hand in hand on the way to stardom. The road ahead is filled with miles and miles of possibilities. Along with their band, Devil’s Lair, they feel nothing could stop them. 

An angry ex-band-mate, a pregnant ex-girlfriend, and never-ending Internet gossip all attempt to wreak havoc on their developing relationship. New love does not mix well with stress, pressure and guilt. Together they face each and every challenge, stubbornly fighting for what they have. Will their determination be enough?

Review:

4 I ❤️ Jack Lair stars!

I just adore AM Maddens writing style! I was contacted asking if I wanted to read and review Back Up her debut novel and when I read the blurb, I couldn't say no! So when the chance came to read book 2 Front and Center I jumped to get more Jack and Leila.

So things pick up where Back Up left off with the band going on tour. They develop a relationship and decide to keep it a secret. Blaming it to being in the band and causing unwanted attention. 

When they finally tell their families and the band, that is exactly what happens. Drama, drama and more drama. I really felt bad for Leila through most of the book, she was really put through the ringer!! Fighting her feelings for somebody who had to put her second because of "circumstances" was heart breaking. This book was full of angsty moments and parts where I wanted to throat punch a bitch! Hehe, but that's what I love most about books. A story taking me away and getting so invested I bleed for them, and fight for them, and cry for them.

I found that Front and Center had a bunch more sex scenes than Back Up did, and I understand that since their relationship was moving further that the sex would increase, I just felt it was a little too much. It didn't take away from the story, just felt like too much at times.

I highly recommend this series especially if you love the Rockers, and Jack Lair is the ultimate rocker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon