Thursday, February 22, 2018

Review: Gods & Monsters by Saffron A. Kent








Title: Gods & Monsters
Author: Saffron A. Kent
Genre: Contemporary/New Adult Romance
Release Date: February 22, 2018

Blurb

He was an artist. She was his muse.

To everyone in town, Abel Adams was the devil's spawn, a boy who never should
have been born. A monster.

To twelve year-old Evie Hart, he was just a boy with golden hair, soft t-shirts
and a camera. A boy who loved taking her picture and sneaking her chocolates
before dinner. A boy who made her feel special.

Despite her family's warnings, she loved him in secret for six years. They met
in empty classrooms and kissed in darkened church closets. Until they couldn't.

Until the time came to choose between love and family, and Evie chose Abel.

Because their love was worth the risk. Their love was the stuff of legend.

But the thing about legends is that they are cautionary tales. They are made of
choices and mistakes. And for Abel and Evie, the artist and the muse, those
mistakes come in the form of lights, camera, sex.

NOTE: This is NOT a paranormal or a priest romance.







Gods & Monsters Links







Purchase Links

99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


Christy's Review:
“description”/

Gods & Monsters is my first Saffron Kent book, and she wow’d me with her writing. Seriously, this woman can write! I am so impressed. I absolutely loved the writing style, and I want to go back and read her other books asap!

This is the story of first love. Able Adams and Evie Hart first meet when they are just kids. They become friends, and with time, fall in love. Because of Abel’s parents, he is the town’s ‘monster’. Their town is very traditional and that’s just the way it is.

There are two things that define this town: our church, the tallest and oldest building, and the legend. The legend of David Adams and Delilah Evans.


Evie doesn’t care that being with Abel is forbidden, she loves him desperately, and he loves her back the same way. I loved that they loved each other so strongly, and it seemed that nothing could tear them apart. Even though Evie’s family and the entire town would go against Evie if she were to openly be with Abel, she didn’t care. She loved him that much. Their love was strong enough to get through anything… or so they thought.

Evie and Abel are both complicated characters, Abel especially. Anytime I got frustrated with choices he made, I remembered why he was the way he was. All that he went thorough growing up. And always, always, always- I felt that his heart was in the right place. He loved his Pixie wholly. Evie was a character I adored. She has the biggest heart and I loved that she loved with her entire heart.

“description”/
 
   
“Look at us… that’s our love. It’s so huge, so big you can’t contain it. It’s all-consuming. It fucking hurts to love this much but you want that hurt to crawl in. Because the love feels so good. You and me, we’ve got no choice but to ache, Pixie.”

I love that passionate, all consuming, I’d die without you, kind of love in books. Gods & Monsters had that in spades. It was also angsty and my heart was in my throat a good part of the book, especially towards the end. Evie and Abel loved each other in a way that wasn’t always healthy- and I think that it’s important to point that out. But I felt like the author handled it in a good way, and I liked the way she ended the story. I like that both of the main characters changed. Love changes people. People who fall in love and grow up together, it’s a different kind of love then meeting and falling in love when you’re older and more mature, and this story reflects that.

I’m going to reiterate for just a second how fabulous I thought Saffron’s writing was. I was addicted to the way she told the story. Her writing kept me engaged, even when the story wasn’t 100% working for me. I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again- I love this woman’s writing style!

Phenomenal writing and a story full of angst, heart ache, loss, love, and finding yourself, Gods & Monsters was a great read for me. Recommended for all lovers of angsty reads and first loves!

“description”/
Playlist





Author Bio

Writer
of bad romances. Aspiring Lana Del Rey of the Book World. 


Saffron is a big believer in love (obviously). She believes in happily ever
after, the butterflies and the tingling. But she also believes in edgy, rough
and gutsy kind of love. She believes in pushing the boundaries, darker
(sometimes morally ambiguous) emotions and imperfections.

The kind of love she writes about is flawed just like her characters. And she
hopes by the end of it, you’ll come to root for them just as much as she does.
Because love, no matter where it comes from, is always pure and beautiful.

She is represented by Meire Dias of Bookcase Agency 

Author Links





No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon