Thursday, November 13, 2014

4 stars for Wreck Me by Jessica Sorensen!

Wreck Me (Nova, #4)Wreck Me by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars!


   photo 6a4688bf-1122-454c-b919-cd5176ad91f4_zpsfc6959cd.jpg


Since I first read the Nova books, I’ve been dying to get Tristan’s story. I wanted to know more about him, what caused him to turn towards the path he’s taken and most importantly, if he could become sober and turn his life around…

Tristan is Quinton’s cousin, and a recovering addict. He hasn’t had an easy life. Living in the shadow of his sister, never being good enough for his parents, never being loved, constantly using and being used.
 
I don’t know why, but it just seemed like everyone was suddenly walking forward in a straight line while I was moving against them in an unsteady and crooked path that no one else could see. And the more I stayed on that path, the more my family, and everyone else didn’t want me around anymore.
I became invisible.



Sobriety is not easy for Tristan. If it wasn’t for Quinton and Nova, sometimes I think he wouldn’t bother. Life is so much harder when you have to deal with the realities sober.

   photo dae942a4-9df7-46cf-97e8-4e48070a5798_zpsa44b21ef.jpg


Something happens to Tristan. Something, or rather someone, that makes him want to try a little harder. To be a better person. Someone who makes him feel like there is someone out there that really cares and isn’t out to just use him. And her name is Avery.

Avery’s life hasn’t been much better than Tristan's has. Honestly, it’s been worse in a lot of ways. A single mother, recovering alcoholic, full time student, and bartender with an abusive ex-husband to boot. Avery has enough on her plate. She hasn’t been in a relationship in a long time and she is not looking for one. But there is Tristan. There is something about this broken boy that calls her. She doesn’t want to have feelings for him. She doesn’t need these complications. But for some reason, she can’t not care. She can’t stay away.

   photo f021d143-6071-4e77-9af6-e2cb35c9e5f7_zpsa34d4450.jpg


Through all Tristan’s struggles, I wanted him to get his happy so bad. He is one of the broken boys that ended up stealing my heart. You can’t help but to root for him. To stay clean, to get the girl, to feel loved and wanted. I’m so happy he had a woman like Avery come into his life. Avery is a survivor. I admired her strength. That poor girl. Hearing her history broke my heart. The flashbacks on her life were hard to read.

Avery and Tristan were both in places in their lives where they needed someone. And they found each other. Their chemistry was off the charts and their bond was intense.

   photo 39fb434c-f6ce-458b-8d96-cf88f467c94b_zps3bda29a9.jpg


Even though the story ended in a good place, I’m really hoping we get something else about this couple. There was no cliffhanger or anything, but there was a lot left that I wanted to know. I would be happy with another book or novella, but if we don’t get one, I’m okay with that too.

There was a lot I loved about this story- but there is one thing I have to point out. I hate to even mention this because it’s something that doesn’t bother me terribly, but there are quite a few errors I noticed in this one. If you’re particular about that, just an fyi.

Jessica Sorensen’s Nova series is one of my favorites. It’s emotional, a tad bit depressing at times, and these characters are broken with a lot of issues. But to see them grow, see them heal, it really is a beautiful thing. It makes their happy ever afters that much more special.

   photo b0498fc5-9f08-446f-8efb-34d841df80ec_zpsf21d9b1e.jpg



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon