Saturday, March 21, 2020

Review: The Trade by Meghan Quinn

Can you pinpoint a time in your life where you realized you are completely and utterly screwed?

I can. I got the dreaded phone call, the one every baseball player hopes and prays never comes.

I was traded. Yeah, that phone call.

Traded from my long time team of over ten years. And not just to any team, but my childhood rivals; the Chicago Rebels. 

Completely and utterly screwed, right? Wrong. The trade was the least of my concerns.

I met a girl. Natalie. Man, she's perfect.

I swore I would never get involved with anyone during the season. Too complicated. But can you believe I have zero restraint when it comes to this girl? I couldn't get her out of my head and the more I talked to her, the more I realized I needed her in my life. 

So what's the problem? Why am I screwed? Because, Natalie, the girl I can't stop crushing on, yeah . . . she's married. 

At least, that's what I was told . . .



Christy's Review: 
   photo 0024C267-AE42-46E7-B472-EE52DBEE4989_zps9o4kfwfe.png
   
Baseball isn’t the only thing Cory Potter is really good at.

From the moment we met Cory Potter, I knew I wanted his book. This was one of my most highly anticipated reads because of Cory. I fell for him in 'The Dugout' and I was dying for his story. Cory did not disappoint me. I loved him just as much as I thought I would.

Cory is a legend in baseball. He’s played for Baltimore since his rookie season and is a fan favorite there. Now, in his early 30’s, the unthinkable happens… he gets traded. To his most hated team in the league. Cory is now a Rebel and he doesn’t know what to do with this. The only plus side is he’s in Chicago where his sister Milly is, along with his friends.

Cory has always put baseball first. He’s always felt that it was unfair to have a serious relationship when his career is so demanding. His plan was to settle down when he retired from the sport. Then he met Natalie. Natalie is Jason Orsen’s (Cory’s teammate and friend) sister. Due to some things going on in her life, Cory doesn’t think he has a chance with her. But he couldn't be more wrong.

 
Ask anyone who knows me, I’m the nice guy, the dependable guy, the leader with a heart. I don’t screw women over, ever.
Cory is my favorite hero in this series. I couldn’t have loved him more. I loved how kind and sweet he was, and all the stress he was under broke my heart. Natalie was great for Cory. She was just the kind of girl he needed and seeing as her brother is also a player, she understands the demands of the job better than most. I understood the stress and the tension and the build up to the conflict in this story, but I wish it wouldn’t have caused such a long separation.  If it wasn’t for that, I think this would have been a 5 star read. Either way, I still loved it to pieces and it was a strong 4/4.5.

When it comes to romantic comedies, Meghan Quinn is one of my favorite authors. This sports-romance/rom-com series have been great for me. I love this group of friends so much. This book made me laugh so hard, it had just the right amount of angst, and gave me all the feels. I love these characters a ton and I hope there is more to come from this group! The Trade is a must read.

 
   I love the way he holds on to me, as if he needs me to be connected to him. And I love the way he makes me feel, like I’m whole again.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon