Monday, March 9, 2020

REVIEW: The Rich Boy by Kylie Scott



I’m the type of girl who’s given up on fairy tales. So when Beck – the hot new busboy at work – starts flirting with me, I know better than to get my hopes up. Happily ever afters aren’t for the average. I learned that the hard way. 

But how can I be expected to resist a man who can quote Austen, loves making me laugh, and seems to be everything hot and good in this world?

Only there’s so much more to him than that. 
Billionaire playboy? Check. 
Troubled soul? Check. 
The owner of my heart, the man I’ve moved halfway across the country to be with, who’s laying the world at my feet in order to convince me to never leave? Check. Check. Check.

But nobody does complicated like the one percent. 

This is not your everyday rags-to-riches, knight-in-shining armor whisking the poor girl off her feet kind of story. No, this is much messier.


CHRISTY'S REVIEW: 


   photo IMG_5956_zpsb9thuutf.png



The Rich Boy is Kylie Scott's newest stand-alone novel and it was such a good time. I love a feel good read with a super swoony hero and this hit the spot.

The rich guy broke girl troupe is a fairly common one, but I've never read it done quite like this before... Alice is working as a waitress when the new hot bus boy starts to flirt with her. She becomes fast friends with Beck and after a few dates, it's apparent they have a spark. Alice doesn't know much about Beck, but he seems like a wanderer, a free spirit who is traveling and finding himself. When his old life comes back into the picture, things get complicated.

Even though Beck is a busboy, he's also the son of a billionaire. When something major happens with his family, he has to come home. And he wants nothing more than for Alice to come with him. Beck's life in Colorado is so different from the life she lives in California. The circles he runs in, his family, it's nothing like she could have imagined. It's a complete and utter shock. But she can't find it in herself to leave Beck. She needs to give this time, their connection is too strong. Even though there are those rooting against them, they make it work.

“There are going to be people who don’t like me. And there are certainly going to be people who don’t like us together. But the thing is, they don’t matter. It’s up to you and me to decide what’s best for us.”

I really did love Alice, but Beck was my favorite part of this book. He is the sweetest and softest hero. I loved how much he loved Alice and how he saw her. He accepted her the way she was and even though there was a bit of miscommunication, they really did make the perfect pair.

What I love most about Kylie Scott's books is that they're not the same old, same old romance. She always mixes it up a little and I appreciate that. This was a fantastic slow burn romance. It made me laugh, made me feel, and made me swoon. I enjoyed this one lots and highly recommend it!
 
   
“‘We are all fools in love.’” Then he gives me the smile that is ever only for me. My favorite smile of them all. “I’m not a fool. In fact, I think I’m quite smart to have caught you.” He raises a brow. “And here I always thought I caught you.” “We caught each other.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon